Lt. Commander
# 21
01-07-2011, 04:55 AM
I'd rather not have to raise shields or go to red alert manually. The micromanagement in this game is bad enough and having to find and press half a dozen keys to slow down, turn, fire weapons, set up BOff attacks, alpha strike, evasive manouvers and all the rest is bad enough during battle, having to also raise shields and arm weapons as well would be a nightmare. I'm sure that the devs think we are aliens and have 4 hands available to play this game.

If BOff abilities like full spread torps and others that affect weapons fired the appropriate weapons when you selected the ability, it wouldn't be quite as bad.

If you want to mention canon as an excuse:- When a captain gives an order to go to red alert, he doesn't run over to the tactical station and do it himself and then run over to the weapons console and arm torps for a full spread etc. Some things should be automated or we are simply flying shuttles solo, what else are BOffs good for anyway? It seems in this game, the captain does all the work and the BOffs are just there to tell him how to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-07-2011, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
First, who besides myself and my Fleet Mates feel that the inability to go to Full Impulse while in combat is just...off, not canon and inhibiting to play style? Who here besides myself and my Fleet Mates feel that not having the ability to Raise and Lower Shields on a whim is not canon and needs to have a justifiable reasonfor being implemented? Well, if you are one of these people, listen up, I believe I have a viable idea that could make this not only have an actual purpose, but make it fit closer to (but not exactly) canon.

First, we need a reason to go to Red Alert. Having a Red Alert without a proper function is just dull and a waste of resources. So here is the idea... In order to give Red Alert a function beyond just saying, "Red Alert" we need to give it a function and a reason for the function to go along with the name. Red Alert will
serve as one function and there will be one reason to use it. The function will be to Raise the Shields. By
calling for a Red Alert you will do two things, Raise Shields and drop out of Full Impulse. If you are in Full
Impulse, you will immediately drop out of Full Impulse and your Shields will go from being down and
completely vulnerable to being protected with Shields Charging up from 0/100 to whatever you have your
max shield setting.

This will also work in the reverse. If you are in the heat of battle, and as a Captain you know the most
important thing to do is to protect your ship and crew at all costs, and you need to get out of battle, then
you know you can go to Yellow Alert, which will Drop Shields and allow you to instantly go to Full Impulse.

This will make your ship fully vulnerable, but will also allow you the means to escape. Now we have a
reason for a Yellow Alert and a function. This will bring a full reason for a Red Alert Function and a Yellow Alert Function. The Green Alert Function will be the passive mode your ship will be in while in Sector Space. This gives a function and purpose for a Red Alert and a Yellow Alert, a reason and function to Raise or Drop Shields and a diversity to the game that not only makes it more fun to play, but also puts the game closer to canon. So, will this idea be one that people could jump on board with, or will it be met with torches and pitchforks?

Thanks for any thoughtful consideration in advanced.
There you go. I figured as you seem to have no control over your keyboard I would take the time to make you post readable.

Unfortunatly I didn't bother to read such a badly laid out post so I have nothing else to say except I think you need to learn to write again.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-07-2011, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I have pondered that idea as well. Unfortunately I can not find a way to make that work without exploiting the game mechanics. Such as PvP, you start taking damage, you know you are going to die, so you just warp out. This is what makes having Warp while in combat unjust. If we can find a way around this, then we might have something here.
Simple, If you warp out of PvP to escape for any reason, you are out of PvP and dumped from the que. Game over for you because you left.

As for shields and Alert status, Will the use of alert status and being able to raise or lower shielding not cause the B'rel-retrofit to finally be useful and lead to new cries of "whatever"?
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-07-2011, 09:34 AM
I suggested this in beta, it won't be implemented.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Play with your enegy set to max movement, then have a setting for mostly movement and shields, then have a setting for weapons and shields, there ya go green, yellow and red alerts, problem solved.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITE-Kaos View Post
There you go. I figured as you seem to have no control over your keyboard I would take the time to make you post readable.

Unfortunatly I didn't bother to read such a badly laid out post so I have nothing else to say except I think you need to learn to write again.
You can't please everybody. If I had posted it the way you wanted, then somebody would have complained that it was not done the way I have posted it. So honestly, I don't give a **** how you like it. I did it the way my Collage Professor preferred us write our papers. Get over it or simply do not read it. Millions of other threads to read.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Hey ELITE Chaos, answer me a question please. Were you born with your head up your arse? Or did you put it there yourself?. Just curious.