Lt. Commander
# 1 Hazzard & Probes
01-08-2011, 09:03 AM
What do these consoles do? and does the deflector benefit console help deflect incoming what? torpedoes?
I know I may sound strange to some but i just cant see the benefit of these consoles and what they actually do?

I'm a level 4 LT Commander, where do I go to use my gathered spacial stuff? I hear i can have stuff combined to get better equipment.

I have a LOT of Tribbles with the bonus of +40HP over 3.5 secs. I kept one of each breed and dumped the rest into space as no one wants em. Did i do right or are the RSPCA gonna chase me down?

I am tryin to breed tribbles, I have 2x tribbles in my bank both +1 Strength over 3600 secs, with food in there too. I take it they will breed, eventually maybe producing a rare one?

Oooohhh, this... this..... dam addictive game..
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Those consoles are science consoles and the boost science related abilities. If you read the information for an ability it says in its description "System:" then a system name. If you have a console that boosts that system then the science ability gets a boost.

What spacial stuff are you referring to that you have gathered? You cannot combine stuff exactly. Its called crafting, more information about it in this crafting guide

Follow this tribble breeding guide

If you have more questions feel free to send me a message.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3darkangel View Post
What do these consoles do? and does the deflector benefit console help deflect incoming what? torpedoes?
I know I may sound strange to some but i just cant see the benefit of these consoles and what they actually do?

I'm a level 4 LT Commander, where do I go to use my gathered spacial stuff? I hear i can have stuff combined to get better equipment.

I have a LOT of Tribbles with the bonus of +40HP over 3.5 secs. I kept one of each breed and dumped the rest into space as no one wants em. Did i do right or are the RSPCA gonna chase me down?

I am tryin to breed tribbles, I have 2x tribbles in my bank both +1 Strength over 3600 secs, with food in there too. I take it they will breed, eventually maybe producing a rare one?

Oooohhh, this... this..... dam addictive game..
All consoles generally raise your captain/Bridge officer skills and abilities... Halon Systems help improve some Science skills that are invaluable, such as 'Hazard Emitters' (One of the better Heals in the game) and 'Polarize Hull' (Prevents Tractor beams and provides and amazing resistance bonus).

Sensor Probes help improve 'Scramble Sensors' (Confuses your enemies targeting abillities, so sometimes they will attack each other, and heal you) and 'Viral Matrix' (shuts down all ship systems over time except shields).

Can't help you with tribble breeding, as I don't engage in such... 'messy' pursuits. I have the best buy tribble which is better than anything you can breed anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks everyone.

I get the buffs to beam weapons consoles etc.. the science ones just confused me a bit. looks like i'll be equiping my hazard console if it helps healing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-08-2011, 12:56 PM
In order to understand science consoles, and deflector dishes, as they work in the same manner. Is to simply ask yourself this one question. "What powers do my science officers have?"

Do you have a science officer with the Science Team ability? Then a console with a Deflector/Deflector Field stat will make that ability better.

Do you have an officer with polarize hull? You'll want to focus on emitters.

Jam sensors? would need a sensor console.

Transfer Shield Strength? uses deflectors.

For every science power, there is a set of base stats that boosts them. So boosting Sensors, Deflectors, or Emitters. Enhances Science skills in exactly the same way as tac consoles boost Cannons, Beams, or Torpedo weapons skills.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3darkangel View Post
Thanks everyone.

I get the buffs to beam weapons consoles etc.. the science ones just confused me a bit. looks like i'll be equiping my hazard console if it helps healing.
The Hazard Console doesn't help with healing unless your Science Bridge Officer skill uses the Hazard system. It is very important to understand the difference.

Next time you are in game and in space press U to bring up your character screen and click on a Science Bridge Officer that you have assigned in your ship slots. Go to the skills screen and choose on of that Bridge Officer's skills. Read the description. Within the first few lines it'll tell you what system that skill uses.

The Hazard Console gives strength to the Hazard system. Now if your Science Bridge Officer skill uses the Hazard system (which it says in its description) then the Hazard Console boosts that Science skill.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
Next time you are in game and in space press U to bring up your character screen and click on a Science Bridge Officer that you have assigned in your ship slots. Go to the skills screen and choose on of that Bridge Officer's skills. Read the description. Within the first few lines it'll tell you what system that skill uses.
And, for that matter, just right click the item giving the bonus and click info. It'll give the standard skill description for what the skills it raises, a standard description that will tend to mention an ability or two impacted by said skill.