Lt. Commander
# 1 future loot/aegis/borg
01-08-2011, 08:51 PM
k so question, right now the aegis/borg sets are very rare items. With set bonuses.

What happens when the level cap raises, and higher marked very rare loot is released like mark 12-13, those bonuses will have to at some point surpass the aegis/borg

what's the future of the aegis/borg sets or others sets? improved aegis/ borg? mark 2 aegis/borg?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Unless I am mistaken the sets are not level capped on the top end, so in theory unless i am wrong they cannot be outdone they will continue to grow making them last a pretty long time and right up to max level cap for the game what ever that will be.

Maybe they will add an undine set, if they did, I can only guess that it will not be better than the existing sets, just different and maybe better in the situations that the current sets did not cover.

I am not seeing improved sets, just alternative sets as long as they do not add a level cap restriction to them making them obsolete after say 3 levels.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meesora
Unless I am mistaken the sets are not level capped on the top end, so in theory unless i am wrong they cannot be outdone they will continue to grow making them last a pretty long time and right up to max level cap for the game what ever that will be.

Maybe they will add an undine set, if they did, I can only guess that it will not be better than the existing sets, just different and maybe better in the situations that the current sets did not cover.

I am not seeing improved sets, just alternative sets as long as they do not add a level cap restriction to them making them obsolete after say 3 levels.
well I hope they don't go that way. I was glad when they added these sets because it was some higher end items you could aim for, having them auto-level up until the end of time and never making anything with better stats would just be..boring
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
well I hope they don't go that way. I was glad when they added these sets because it was some higher end items you could aim for, having them auto-level up until the end of time and never making anything with better stats would just be..boring
Oh I share your concern on this.
Since the stats on some things presumably auto improve with level there would be no need to craft a new version of said set.

What they could do however is add ways to mod the sets in some way say through engineering sockets of some kind to say add a +.5 to some stat on top of their existing stats.

It is a very valid concern, where do they go from here in terms of keeping the playerbase happy with things to strive for.

A slight correction to what I said before.
I don't think they will add say an Aegis 2 with better stats if the Aegis 1 does in fact auto level, there would be no need for a version 2.
So in a case like the one right above this, my guess for the next step is just adding another alternative set that covers some new areas and so on and so on from there each one not being level capped.

I think in some ways they are placing themselves in a corner, but then again maybe not with an auto leveling scheme.

Also it helps to keep in mind, while there are just two sets now, wait till later when we will presumably have more and perhaps more interchangable components making for some interesting customizability down the road for builds that contain a mix of set pieces from several sets.