Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
I dunno.. I've found Tac to be the most lackluster on the ground.
I liked my tact on the ground, quite effective, but mostly when working as part of a team. How hard a tact hit made him great for taking advantage of exposes and clearing out the engineering trinkets. I also used the team buff focused kits, rather than the offensive/debuffing kits most tacts favored. Usually topped kills and damage for my team. And was up there for healing as well, for that matter, yay consumables.

One on one, not so good, especially against sci with their hold spamming ways. Engineers you just moved away from or play hide and seek and get your "turret killer" mission done.

But working with the team, I quite liked it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-05-2011, 06:28 AM
I prefer ground PvP even though it is cookie cutter. Since STO's pvp is NOT Twitch based, player skill only has a small effect on match outcomes. However in matches that are balanced, Team/Player skill can determine the outcome. Keeping in mind 99.99 % of the pvp I do is in PuGs. PreMades in my opinion should have seperate pvp Que. Theres no fun in crushing a team 30 - 0 and it deters the defeated players from rejoining pvp Que.
I feel player skill has a greater impact in PuGs. I would assume Team Skill would have a greater effect in premades. Reward weapons aren't my first choice of weapons. The Cryo grenades are ok but not worth farming in my opinion. If a player takes the time to keybind targets they can avoid tab spamming for targets. Ventrillo allows for team communication and that in my opinion has the greatest impact in pvp. Teams that make an effort to communicate will have the advantage over a team of individuals.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-05-2011, 09:05 AM
I won't play ground again until they give me my CANE!
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
Everyone has an exploit bro and it's real easy to expose. Can't get much more spikey then a good exploit.

It's also hard to spike someone when they LoS, have 200 mobs on the ground, +100 resists, and 5 Imp drones doing SPIKE damage. lol
Well, you can get plenty more spiky if you're a Tac... Sure Sci or Eng can exploit, but Tacs really get the most out of exploits.

And as an Eng, with good gear and ground skills also good, I can say it's pretty easy to get spiked.
Lt. Commander
Maybe, I haven't done much ground PvP but the better players usaully make short work of me when I do do it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-09-2011, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
Can't say that Ground PvP really peeks my interest that much anymore. These are some of the reasons why.

1.) Before Season 3, it really was about the better player. You had just enough time available to use all of your skills combined with kits etc. Now its about the team with the most rewards, no matter how bad they play, they still win. This is because when they are all running around shooting off Devidian Series weapons and throwing Cryo-grenades, where's all the skill gone? Really.

2.) There are three maps, that have been played to death. The same goes for space PvP where the repeditiveness of the maps is really frustrating.

- Flame Away, and tell me what a bad player I am, how I should move on, or better learn to use my skills.
It's still one of the most balanced pvp scenerios out there. Comparing it to what was offered the same year: wow, apb, and ****; STO on ground was determined more by what sat between the keyboard and the chair than anything else.

It is however team based. Like every game mentioned above, it's best entered as a pre made 5 man group that knows how to work together.

PUGS don't do well. In fact, the Fed pugs actually throw games for their teammates quite often, just like they have been doing in WOW for over 4 years.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-09-2011, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laylyn View Post
It's still one of the most balanced pvp scenerios out there. Comparing it to what was offered the same year: wow, apb, and ****; STO on ground was determined more by what sat between the keyboard and the chair than anything else.

It is however team based. Like every game mentioned above, it's best entered as a pre made 5 man group that knows how to work together.

PUGS don't do well. In fact, the Fed pugs actually throw games for their teammates quite often, just like they have been doing in WOW for over 4 years.
Agreed. 100%