Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
IF YOU IMPORT AN OLDER MISSION ALWAYS RENAME IT BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING WITH IT!!!!!

Ok, now I'm ****ed on a grand scale. I looked past the 1 CTD out of every 4 preview run, but that is just insane.
I clicked on the importable objects because I wanted to check that option out. It created an other version of the Demon Planet mission, but didn't import anything. No map, no costumes, no story nothing.
I figured that having 2 missions with the same name will be a little confusing, I decided to delete the duplicate project. Since it has the same name as the live mission, I made extra sure that I select the correct project for deletion.
I hit delete and guess what happened?

THE D**N THING DELETED THE LIVE PROJECT AND KEPT THE COMPLETELY BLANK DUPLICATE!!!!

I quickly went to my bank account and tested if selecting Cryptic billing and clicking the Block button would block the transaction of an other destination. But nope, it blocked exactly the one I selected.
Luckily, I have a way to unblock the destination. I sure hope that there is also a way to recover the mission ID: ST-TIYJOFZRI to account name Pendra80.
I made a ticket too, #1028776.

Hopefully, you just flagged it as Deleted in the DB and flipping the flag will bring it back. If not, then you may get it from the last backup.
Alternatively, you can check the import ST-TDCQX55P3 and see why the import failed to carry the stuff over. And while there, you may want to fix that, too.

And the reason I'm THAT upset is that I put like 50 hours in this crap mainly to demonstrate how to build high quality
- properly scaled, enterable buildings without loadscreens
- properly scaled, completely custom caves without loadscreens
- add multiple info text to the same NPC

My next mission is about doing it with a ship, ie fully custom ship interiors. But now, I'm reluctant to do so. Spend 40 hours again to be lost that easily, I don't think so.

Yes, the current foundry can do all that and no it is not easy but can be done.