Lt. Commander
# 21
01-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Yeah I would literally kill for a music mod I own every bit of ST music ever released and would certainly prefer that over bad Klingon (that is what it's suppose to be btw) Opera
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-09-2011, 07:55 AM
I agree. As a composer myself..The score is bad..not essentialy bad, but bad for the star trek's atmosphere. It doesn't capture it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm_dragon View Post
would certainly prefer that over bad Klingon (that is what it's suppose to be btw) Opera
you sure?
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veet
Oddly enough, hearing that guy hit those notes when I first started playing....seeing my starter ship soar through space while he pushes those vocal cords.... is one of my fonder memories of STO.
Same haha, to be honest I'm not bothered by it at all haha.

I do on the other hand hate the "Star Trek Rock n Roll" music that was in the new daily from the last weekly series haha.

I was like "wow this is lame music Cryptic" haha. :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-09-2011, 08:58 AM
The mentioned opera is almost as good as this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_jhzJEiqcY#t=120s
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woril View Post
The mentioned opera is almost as good as this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_jhzJEiqcY#t=120s
That would be a massive improvement over what we have now.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-09-2011, 12:02 PM
i don't say they need to do anything new or remove the whole song... just take the song and mute that AAAAH AAAAH AAAAAH guy and you will have much less player's having nightmares about the music of STO.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-09-2011, 12:18 PM
I guess this lower the chances for more of that. I find the voice an interesting instrument, in many variations. Taste is individual, as is the voice. That track is a personal favorite.

---
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-09-2011, 12:24 PM
So, has anyone found a way to add new music to STO without losing the existing in-game cues? Aside from also being firmly in the "that one opera track is pretty annoying" camp, I'd also like to add the official music which Cryptic is currently unable to add themselves, plus a bunch of stuff from other Trek games, such as Legacy.

I could've sworn DStahl or Coderanger posted something about this ages ago (perhaps even on the pre-launch forums) but I can't find it now.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsaber View Post
So, has anyone found a way to add new music to STO without losing the existing in-game cues? Aside from also being firmly in the "that one opera track is pretty annoying" camp, I'd also like to add the official music which Cryptic is currently unable to add themselves, plus a bunch of stuff from other Trek games, such as Legacy.

I could've sworn DStahl or Coderanger posted something about this ages ago (perhaps even on the pre-launch forums) but I can't find it now.
see i thought this was the case as well. i thought there was discussion of allowing people to load their own music and have certain batched of music play for certain actions. (i.e. a certain file will play random songs within then engaged with the enemy, and another file plays when spending time at ESD)

but maybe that was just me doing wishful thinking...
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-09-2011, 02:04 PM
I belt that singing out when I shower.