Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Combat and knee-high boots for Orion females with ALL costume configurations.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
01-11-2011, 02:16 PM
yes, klingons definitely need more clothing options. there is hardly anything... federation has a lot already, they can hold off for a while..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
01-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus_Prime View Post
Combat and knee-high boots for Orion females with ALL costume configurations.
This very much this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
01-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Klingons need:

Fingerless Gloves
Overcoat..? The Leather flaps hanging over his shoulders & down his front.
Off-duty outfits (we've seen plenty of examples on Worf over the years)
Monastic Robes
Wedding Regalia
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
01-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telbasta
-Open up the Mercenary set from the c-store for KDF captains to use.
I am okay with this.

Quote:
-Open nausicaan armor options for males of any KDF species (klingon, gorn, orion, lethean, or alien). At the very least the nausicaan gauntlets, sleeveless jacket, bracers, armored boots, and shoulderpads should be available for others, I can see the reason why thy chest armor and bladed boots might be restricted since they're so much larger than other pieces.
No. Open them up for Aliens only, or not at all. Give the other races more unique clothing options; they deserve it.

Quote:
-Open up orion uniform options for all KDF species. The female orion clothing should be usable on any female KDF character, and the male orion clothing (minus the head bolts and such) should be available to any male KDF character.
Again, no. Open them up for Aliens only, or not at all. Let them make new race-specific items.

Honestly, if they don't open up race-specific items for Aliens, they need to make Alien-specific items; it doesn't make any sense for other races to be allowed to run around in their native gear while Aliens get nothing but standard issue KDF armor.


Quote:
And past that note, could we get the Orion clothing available for federation offduty uniforms? =P
I'd be fine with this if they did the "limited to Risa" thing that was suggested, though I'd rather they make new swimsuit options for that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
We just had a long discussion about this in the Klingon forum here.
We never arrived at a conclusion in there, but the discussion was rather entertaining.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
01-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Those aren't "flaps", it's a sleeveless coat as worn by Klingon officers. Here you can see how it is closed below the armpits. And here is a picture of the full coat.

Together with the iconic "cleavage armour" (a variant of which was worn by the Duras sisters) and the tunicless vest, the officer's coat is amongst my favorites as well. I can only hope we'll get it some day.

That said, there already is a thread for proposed KDF clothing options here in the Klingon forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Honestly, if they don't open up race-specific items for Aliens, they need to make Alien-specific items; it doesn't make any sense for other races to be allowed to run around in their native gear while Aliens get nothing but standard issue KDF armor.
Meh, I disagree. Aliens are not and will never be their own species. It's a fact. The expectation that they should get the same amount of (or even more!) "attention" as the real species does strike me as somewhat excessive.

The sheer ability to roll a character that doesn't belong to the faction by default is already pretty much special snowflake (and something that should have rather been avoided for any faction other than the Federation).

That said, we two already settled for the compromise of unique alien clothes, I think. Certainly something I'd favor before it comes to unlocking all the other stuff. In fact, those alien characters might even look more fitting in new uniform options (like bodygloves or some of the currently inaccessible NPC plates) rather than standard KDF armour.
Although I did experiment a little with my Orion and actually managed to create something looking very un-Klingon with some of the more recent additions to KDF customization.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
01-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Great pics of some nice sets. Hope those options are on the list!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:18 PM.