Lt. Commander
# 41
01-09-2011, 07:41 PM
i tthink tey seached it on google imaxges llol
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Well i am not a fan of JJ enterprise, but i must confess that this ship looks really good.
It's sleek has nice proportions and has no unnecessary angles or holes.

My personal fav so far is that ship, althrough its pylons are too much extended and its Nacelles are too large, i would very much like to see a similar but sleeker ship to be the next Enterprise.

Thank you for reading.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasensal
Don't let other people take credit for your work, assuming it's true.
When I say, "Thats my enterprise" I mean it more like "thats my President" when I write in Megatron every 4 years.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
When I say, "Thats my enterprise" I mean it more like "thats my President" when I write in Megatron every 4 years.
I voted for Cobra Commander myself. We could use a weather dominator.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-10-2011, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
Take a look at this one:
http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...word=D%20SHICK

It's not exactly what my own take of the ship would've been, but I look at that one and I think I'd be okay with it winning. It looks different, retains some recognizable past reference points, and it recognizably Enterprise enough while showing some 'Cryptic' ship design influences.

I think one very important part many forget is that the Enterprise-F is Star Trek Online's Enterprise. The better suited she is to be shown next to Cryptic's homegrown designs and look like she fits in, the better.

I see nacelles that kind of hints at both the E and the J without being too spindly and the warp field grids look both familiar and new. I see hints of saucer separation with the saucer's impulse drives and the drives over the engineering hull. I see potentially appealing spots for cannon/dual beam placement, and the short beam arrays displayed will fit the way hardpoints are implemented in STO very well. I see a recognizable secondary deflector that has an appealing shape without dominating the front of the ship overmuch the front of the ship. The orthos hint that the nacelle pylons and the saucer flow better in together, and that the potential shape of the stardrive after separation should look rather appealing on its own.

To me, it's a convincing inbetween to the E and the J. The saucer's shape nags at me a bit because it brings to my mind the letters G and H more than F... but I still think it's a very good entry. I can live with this one winning. It will look like a 'next Enterprise'.
This design which is entry 1212, as well as entry 1214 (http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...box/Final2.jpg) are newly submitted good contenders. I notice that good submissions seem to be coming out closer to the deadline, as many have predicted. More time to polish, and less chance of the ship being stolen.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-10-2011, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
I havent checked the contest gallery in awhile, since there arent many ships that could make the cut, IMO, other than torganeu's and several others.

Then i saw this one move to the top. I like this one very much, very aesthetic, right design concept, etc.

Only, is it legit? Or yet another work stolen from elsewhere? If its not stolen, then my apologies to Chris madden for doubting his entry....

Also, lets not go into why the contest, or contest website sucks, is in shambles or whatever. We've had enough of that over over the weeks.

EDIT: Silly me, i forgot to link the picture http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...inal_small.jpg

While to begin with I liked it, its like the 2010 Camaro, a brilliant retro design that looks stunning. However it should in no way be the Enterprise E, it is not a step forward and is just a tribute to the old one, nothing new.

Please when voting remember that this is for the Future of Star Trek, even if it is not regarded as canon, we may never see another Trek in this prime universe so decisions like this should be taken seriously.

Vote for something new and interesting that follows the progression shown in the various shows and movies, and don't worry about using the Enterprise J as a reference, it's too far into the future to really affect how ships are built now.
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-10-2011, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
Here's a another promising one. Recently uploaded.

Fits the criteria for J-likeness. There's just something about it that irritates me though. Maybe its the nacelles, they could look sleeker.

EDIT: http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...ryFinalT2.jpeg

I forgot the link. Again. *facepalm*
wow, I do like that one