Lt. Commander
# 1 STF Borg Rewards...Bugged???
01-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Forgive me if this is the wrong area to post this and/or if this has been discussed. I tried word search before i post this but didn't find anything relevant to my post.

I played INFECTION last night and beat it twice since season 3 started.
Beat Cure for the first time on Season 3.. I received both the borg Assimilated stuff that goes along with completing those STF missions. And also the Loot drops for beating "boss" borg Awards

What i'm confused about is I received a very Rare item after the space battle in Infection from the Loot Drop and the Borg Graviton array. Both listed below.

[Positron Deflector Array Mk X [Em] [ST] [Spa]] 90,000 credits

[Assimilated Graviton Deflector Array] 180,000

One is worth 90,000 and the other is 180,000 credits... Both were instantly bound to me upon pickup. I didn't need either of them.. I wanted to sell it back to the vendor for half price as usual. But for some reason it wouldn't let me sell them back. I assume it wouldn't be they were bound to me upon pick up... Why would Cryptic allow you NOT to sell them back to the vendor but yet give them a credit value of 90,000 and 180,000 credits??? I hope this is a bug and that it';ll be fixed.. I know the AEGIS stuff is 180,000 credits and you can sell/buy on exchange or sell them back to vendor...

Just would like some clarification on this.. Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-10-2011, 02:51 AM
The only way to get rid of Borg items is to rightclick them and discard.. Ive discarded around 10 deflectors and 2-3 Engines on my main (helping fleeties with this toon)

Think this is by purpose, since it would suck accidently selling parts that isnt dime a dozen.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-10-2011, 03:32 AM
The normal loot, like [Positron Deflector Array Mk X [Em] [ST] [Spa]] 90,000 credits, you can sell to vendor, iic.

But the assimilated stuff you can not and I think that is wise. You get them everytime you complete a STF mission. Now there are players that do all STF missions everyday and if they sell the assimilated stuff everyday to vendor each for 90k, well, they will be very rich in STO in no time...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinnio View Post
TBut the assimilated stuff you can not and I think that is wise. You get them everytime you complete a STF mission. Now there are players that do all STF missions everyday and if they sell the assimilated stuff everyday to vendor each for 90k, well, they will be very rich in STO in no time...
But considerably poorer than those that use that time to do something else that makes them energy credits instead
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
The normal loot, like [Positron Deflector Array Mk X [Em] [ST] [Spa]] 90,000 credits, you can sell to vendor, iic.

But the assimilated stuff you can not and I think that is wise. You get them everytime you complete a STF mission. Now there are players that do all STF missions everyday and if they sell the assimilated stuff everyday to vendor each for 90k, well, they will be very rich in STO in no time...
Then why put the value of 180,000 credits if it's not allowed to be sold to anyone or a vendor?? Why not make it 0 like some other Bound stuff... And yeah, i think i would deserve that 90,000 credits after busting my butt for 2-3 hours playing Any of the STF

Just curious that's all.. Thanks for your input everyone..
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:

90k in the the time it takes to do an STF is *not* a lot of money. There are ways to get substantially more than that in the same time, with a lot less difficulty.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Yeah, was a joke

But actually a good team can do all STF missions that gives assimilated stuff including the mission Assimilation in 3 hours tops. Also you can earn other stuff along the way (in 1 STF mission you can get a purple item that is not bound), that you can sell on exchange
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Still not worth the time or frustration of doing an STF, not by a long shot. Most of the crap you get on the ground are green weapons that few people want (there's the occasional blue and a purple for beating the boss). STFs are absolutely not moneymakers. Even if they were big money missions, you'd have to be some kind of masochist to deal with it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
But actually a good team can do all STF missions that gives assimilated stuff including the mission Assimilation in 3 hours tops.
You left out the fact that you'd have to be unemployed and have nothing else going in your life except STO to get to this level of proficiency.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Well I wish they had a vendor for this stuff so i can take my measly 90k nrg credits...

Any market watcher knows that anomalies selling for more than 90k in stacks and particle traces forget about it. So I am not sure one could get rich selling three borg parts a day. I guess if you did it 3 times a day for seven days you could have almost 2 million. Would gold farmers exploit that?

Anyways thanks to all of you for giving me the info i was looking for. I was looking for the secret source of selling this stuff.

It is probably already stated, but you can exhaust sets on your inactive ships as well.