Lt. Commander
# 1 Tellerite Pig Headed working?
01-10-2011, 06:12 AM
I made a Tellerite and was shocked at how much I was held on the first mission beyond Earth space dock. Then made a Caitian and alien and had nowhere near, if any holds on those characters on the same mission.
If I am correct Pig Headed trail should make it so the Tellerites have less hold yet clearly the opposite is happening. Anyone else notice this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-10-2011, 11:22 AM
It is my understanding it's a resistance, meaning it lowers the duration of the hold time, and not an all out immunity to holds.

My Vulcan was originally made with Ground PvP in mind and has the Stubborn trait. Same thing happens to him but I will notice the bar "speed" up on it's duration timer meaning that it seems like it reduces time held. Might be a good idea to put a bug ticket in and let the devs check it out.

Certain types of holds could not be triggering the effect or something weird like that....
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
It is my understanding it's a resistance, meaning it lowers the duration of the hold time, and not an all out immunity to holds.
Yup, that's the standard Cryptic hold system. Resists reduce the duration of the hold, they do not provide a chance of avoiding being held.

To avoid being held at all, you need to raise your "magnitude" above the hold's magnitude. In CoH, for example, bosses required 4 magnitude to hold, Lts 3, and minions and players 2. Certain buffs would raise the magnitude required, making players immune to holds until a certain magnitude total was stacked.