Lt. Commander
# 201
01-06-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm on via pidgin right now as well.
Lt. Commander
# 202
01-10-2011, 12:42 PM
It was working last night for me,but seems to be down again when I tried to connect just there.
Lt. Commander
# 203
01-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spark88 View Post
It was working last night for me,but seems to be down again when I tried to connect just there.
it seems to go up and down from time to time but yes it appears to be down currently, i can't connect either.

whoever sees it back up first post it here.
Lt. Commander
# 204
01-10-2011, 03:25 PM
k it's back!!
Lt. Commander
# 205
01-10-2011, 03:35 PM
its back again lol
Lt. Commander
# 206
01-15-2011, 09:59 AM
looks like XMPP is down again, i think the account server went offline last night but they are saying it's back now, however it must have affected the XMPP access.
Lt. Commander
# 207
01-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell-KV4S
looks like XMPP is down again, i think the account server went offline last night but they are saying it's back now, however it must have affected the XMPP access.
I was using it earlier today and it just stopped working suddenly approximately 3 hours ago from this post apparently according to my pidgin chat log.
Lt. Commander
# 208
01-15-2011, 12:53 PM
cant login aswell
Lt. Commander
# 209
01-15-2011, 03:53 PM
It would be nice if they would let us know when its going down and coming back up.
Lt. Commander
# 210 XMPP outages
01-15-2011, 04:34 PM
To Cryptic Team:
While this is a beta feature we've come to expect the temporary usually short lived outages. If I can't connect i usually give it several minutes to hours and try again, and usually it will work the next time.

However, like today it's gone down and it's obviously something that needs to be address internally to get it going again. Getting up and and going is probably something simple like reboot the server or restart a service and all is good.

So, what is the best way to log a legitimate outage?

Logging a ticket is not an option because they just pointed me back here since it's beta feature.
Is this forum post the best way report an outage? If so the last 2 major outages took several hours to days to get resolved. I don't think that it took that long to resolve, meaning i don't think anyone was looking at the problem for the duration of the outage, i just don't think anyone knew to check on it and when they did look were able to resolve quickly. I don't know this for sure just my opinion.

Is there a particular person or team that can be contacted by email or twitter?

Should a separate post be created just for outages that someone at cryptic will be looking at?

If no process exist for reporting the xmpp outage can something be created?

I think any of us that heavily use this feature are people that interact with their fleet a lot or are fleet managers. I think this (outside of the game) is one of most important features to enhancing a persons multilayer part of the MMO experience. I appreciate you making this feature available to the beta testers and would love to see it go to Holodeck soon!

This post is by no means a complaint, I just want to know what is the best solution.

Thanks, Russell Thomas