Lt. Commander
# 11
01-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Although I'm not focused on the Borg STF's at the moment, I have been montioring the feedback on the forums about them for the last few weeeks. Most of the feedback and issues reported with them point to some problems with the borg encouters themselves and not mission logic.

The encounters seem to be doing a bunch of really odd things, and I have asked the Systems Team to take a look and find out what is going on with them. Odds are they will find and fix the issues soon. Once the wierd encounter behavior is gone, they should be back to the way they were prior to season 2, as nothing else in the missions themselves have changed since then.

I bring this up to point out that just because I'm currently focused on a different set of content tasks, it doesn't mean I can't do multiple things at once...

Goz
*HIGH FIVE* Way to multitask, there! See, you ARE awesome, Gozer!
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Gozer is assigned to different tasks every day of the week. We have schedules that literally assign work to ALL of the team on a very minute detail. Gozer likes to speak in generalities.

Gozer is going to be hitting the STFs next as well as several other tasks.

In other words if Gozer said "I'm going to be remastering episodes"... yes he is for a few days... then he's on to something else... and then he's on to something else... etc etc etc.
Wait. So you have assignments like:

- Jane works on project A from 2:15 to 3:45. Then, she works on project B from 4:00 until 5:00.

NOT, say...

- Jane has until noon on Tuesday to share project A then until five on Tuesday to share project B.

That's different for me. I know people who work in software and I've had the opportunity to do some work on games. I'm very much used to workflow being dictated by meetings and by when somebody else needs it (maybe with a bit of buffer built in).
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
I bring this up to point out that just because I'm currently focused on a different set of content tasks, it doesn't mean I can't do multiple things at once...
Well then...let's put that to the test...

Fix the STFs, dance the Macarena on dstahl's desk while playing the song on the kazoo and glockenspiel simultaneously, and help JHeinig create that Space Lincoln episode.

You've got 30 minutes... GO!
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwynyth View Post
Well then...let's put that to the test...

Fix the STFs, dance the Macarena on dstahl's desk while playing the song on the kazoo and glockenspiel simultaneously, and help JHeinig create that Space Lincoln episode.

You've got 30 minutes... GO!
and if you fail we'll beat you with Stahl's box of cheerios.:p
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Child
and if you fail we'll beat you with Stahl's box of cheerios.:p
And NOT the honey nut ones either.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Wait. So you have assignments like:

- Jane works on project A from 2:15 to 3:45. Then, she works on project B from 4:00 until 5:00.

NOT, say...

- Jane has until noon on Tuesday to share project A then until five on Tuesday to share project B.

That's different for me. I know people who work in software and I've had the opportunity to do some work on games. I'm very much used to workflow being dictated by meetings and by when somebody else needs it (maybe with a bit of buffer built in).
I think the rationale is to prevent development stagnation on a project. If you work on one area for too long, you get groupthink and other issues setting in which are bad from a design standpoint. Also, minute is not a minute.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Gozer is assigned to different tasks every day of the week. We have schedules that literally assign work to ALL of the team on a very minute detail. Gozer likes to speak in generalities.

Gozer is going to be hitting the STFs next as well as several other tasks.

In other words if Gozer said "I'm going to be remastering episodes"... yes he is for a few days... then he's on to something else... and then he's on to something else... etc etc etc.
I find it funny that his name is Gozer. Follow the Ghostbusters game and find out that Ibor Shandor is worshiping Gozer so he himself can become the Architect and destroy our world replacing it with his.

Great irony to have a mapper/level designer that builds things with a name like Gozer with that considered.

I'm going to go start building a bunker now...