Lt. Commander
# 11
01-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Yep, same exact name over and over.
I know that the system requires the mission name to be unique. So a possible quick and dirty fix would be to add an increment number after the project name during import. Like you do with objects.
But that still doesn't solve the root cause of not factoring in the project ID into the update. So the problem may surface again if someone somehow manages to create duplicate names through mergeing or faulty import or some other weird operation.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Let's skip over speculation of why this is happening for now.

Are you saying you can consistently create projects that have the same name as one another?
I couldn't make this happen, no matter how I tried. Are you doing this all through our editor, or through hacks you've worked out?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-10-2011, 10:15 AM
I could do it yesterday. I can't do it right now because I'm not on my gaming rig, but I will be able to check again in about an hour.

And no hacks of any kind.
- Published a dead simple story (1 space map, 1 interact), let's call it DeleteTest
- Logged out and in
- Selected the Importable items
- Double clicked on the DeleteTest project ( I may have clicked on the Edit project instead, I can't remember)
- loaded up the mission as usual
- Logged out and in
- And there I had 2 missions called DeleteTest . One published, one not.

If I did the steps again, I had 3 missions called DeleteTest. If you check the logs of the user Pendra80, you should be able to see that happening about 22 hours ago.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Ah, someone internally was able to reproduce it finally.

Thanks again for your help.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-10-2011, 12:01 PM
I see, it was the evil double click. 3 bugs with 1 bad move, not bad .
- Create a duplicated name project.
- Fail the import process
- Find a bug in the Delete project process

PS.: Any way to get the mission back, or it is gone forever?

I found the geobin map folder intact on my machine. It is old, but it is something
Under Tribble_Ugc_9068_Cfcc77d4 / 347401782 folder. Any way to reverse that to a usable form?
Lt. Commander
I hate to ask but is anyone looking into the mail bug with return item in the exchange, have seen no feed back and items are expiring and never being returned/ lost a few good Very Rare men this way! (please put the Foundry down and step over to the bug threads)

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=195862
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
I hate to ask but is anyone looking into the mail bug with return item in the exchange, have seen no feed back and items are expiring and never being returned/ lost a few good Very Rare men this way! (please put the Foundry down and step over to the bug threads)

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=195862
That isn't how things work, different people work in different areas and they don't just drop things, if you file a bug report that is all you can do
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-10-2011, 05:13 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen