Lt. Commander
# 11
01-04-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm quite sure cryptic has in place a system that says what is purchased, when where and if it was delivered or not, considering they know every item we've picked up since day 1 :p

However, this is all micro transaction systems handled instantly. Even if they put in a confirm click button, someone could just screenshot that and claim "I hit this see!?" and all the while they hit cancel and went elsewhere. The ONLY way to make sure 0 issues happen (and even then this is a far far FAR stretch) would be to have all c-store purchases put on hold then delivered by CSR's which would take roughly 7-12 days to get.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-04-2011, 07:33 PM
The Sehlat and the Motion Picture uniforms aren't even on the same C-Store tab. Sorry to say but the only mistake was the choice the user made when debating purchases.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
I'm quite sure cryptic has in place a system that says what is purchased, when where and if it was delivered or not, considering they know every item we've picked up since day 1 :p

However, this is all micro transaction systems handled instantly. Even if they put in a confirm click button, someone could just screenshot that and claim "I hit this see!?" and all the while they hit cancel and went elsewhere. The ONLY way to make sure 0 issues happen (and even then this is a far far FAR stretch) would be to have all c-store purchases put on hold then delivered by CSR's which would take roughly 7-12 days to get.
respectfully ... that's not entirely true .. (not trying to be rude .. ) Trust me if the system is properly monitoring the transactions .. then there is no way to select one item and get something totally wrong. And form what is being discussed here there are some problems.

BTW.. I'm not trying to flame Cryptic. I AM however suggesting that a better or more affective system be used to better monitor the micro transaction such that the item pruchased is what is received. Once that item is received AS ORDERED .. then the deal is done (no refunds).

edited for a couple of typos
Lt. Commander
# 14 c- store sucks
01-05-2011, 07:47 AM
i have had to re buy more then 1 thing off the c -stor and can never get anyone to tell me why
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlBuzzard
respectfully ... that's not entirely true .. (not trying to be rude .. ) Trust me if the system is properly monitoring the transactions .. then there is no way to select one item and get something totally wrong. And form what is being discussed here there are some problems.

BTW.. I'm not trying to flame Cryptic. I AM however suggesting that a better or more affective system be used to better monitor the micro transaction such that the item pruchased is what is received. Once that item is received AS ORDERED .. then the deal is done (no refunds).

edited for a couple of typos
Well I was trying to be nice, but that's my point, there chief . I've purchased my fair share of micro transaction items. (And a ton here on the c-store hehe) Everything is stored in the DB, in proper numbers. For example USS Enterprise = ID 1, Cat = ID 2 etc. The ONLY way that it could biff is if someone mistakenly put the wrong ID for a c-store item. Which then would screw up for everyone not just select individuals. DB 101 ^^

And sure, it'd be nice if there was CSR's to handle checking every last iota of purchases but realistically, in an online environment they're doing it the best way possible. Let the system handle it and if it comes up then do a full item check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindPilot
i have had to re buy more then 1 thing off the c -stor and can never get anyone to tell me why
If you purchase an item, and it says Transaction successful as long as it's not a service it goes straight into your inventory or system and you cannot repurchase it anyways. If it says transaction unsuccessful then you didn't purchase it.

If it's a SERVICE then if it's char slots you wont notice till the login screen, costume slots you wont notice till you're at the tailor, ship slots you wont notice till you're at the ship yard, rename wont notice till at the login page, respec wont notice till at the skill trainer and boff slots you wont notice till you open up your boff list.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-10-2011, 06:42 PM
In Cryptics defence, they did post a warning saying, "We can put anything we want on the C-Store to make you buy it, and not give it to you, but we won't refund your money because we don't have to." Its a very shady way of doing business. They gearing for everyone trying to steal from them, instead of the 2% that will. As for Databases being 100% correct, all the time, well, you must never had a corrupted database before and had to get that database back using a previous backup. If you purchase anything from the C-Store, the only promise that is going to be made is you won't get your money back. It is no surprise that cryptic is being lead by someone who comes from one of the most greedy MMO companies around, which would be Sony Online Entertainment.