Lt. Commander
# 11
01-08-2011, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0901
The Runabout is basically just for the sake of having one. It serves no useful combat purpose. I have used it for data collecting though, and could also be used for Diplomacy missions, or if you want to go from say, ESD to DS9.
I remember a long time ago when the missions like the Starbase 24 mission were able to have people from all levels there, when your admiral in one of those with top current equipment, you could actually do well in the SB 24 pre-alteration in a runabout, but with the change to it, its no longer viable.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
I remember a long time ago when the missions like the Starbase 24 mission were able to have people from all levels there, when your admiral in one of those with top current equipment, you could actually do well in the SB 24 pre-alteration in a runabout, but with the change to it, its no longer viable.
No it's no good anymore, but I remember those days too. It was hilarious watching a bunch of Admirals in their Runabouts, whooping the arses of Neg'vahs left, right and centre.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-08-2011, 09:15 AM
Mission replay the entire Klingon Front in one for some good times.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curii
Yup, I was flying one that early. Then I found out it couldn't hurt a fly so switched back to my Miranda.
You can upgrade all of the equipment on teh Runabout. Ships equipment is limited by your rank not the type of tier o the ship. You can be running around with a Borg Equipped Runabout withMk XII Tricobalt launchers and uber Purple Disruptor Cannon.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
You can upgrade all of the equipment on teh Runabout. Ships equipment is limited by your rank not the type of tier o the ship. You can be running around with a Borg Equipped Runabout withMk XII Tricobalt launchers and uber Purple Disruptor Cannon.
Funny thing is, I didn't have all that stuff at LT rank...
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
Last I checked you can be a Lieutenant, providing you have the money for it.
Ok they have changed it then. I used to be commander rank needed. I have not checked this out just going by what you state.