Lt. Commander
As the title says. I am levelling a new (my 3rd since launch) Tactical officer. Having levelled 3 toons to Admiral though i am already bored senseless and i'm barely LTC 5. I have no interest in MMO pvp so i can't break the grind up with that. I know the game improves (levelling wise) dramaticall once you get into the last few levels of Commander, but at the rate i am going i'll never make it that far.

So can i get some advice on what people with who've levelled 3+ times have done to break up the monotony? I play music as i level but it still doesn't seem to help and last day or so i have actually caught myself nodding off during some of the Klingon ground missions i've had to go through.

Advice is greatly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-10-2011, 04:04 AM
Invalid answer: I PvPed occassionally.

My 3rd character, I pretty much ignored most story missions since they were boring the 3rd time around. I just did exploration and sector block defense, Patrols and the occassional PvP.

You might get a nice set of missions by doing the dailies in Eta Eridani and Orellius Sector Block now. Play through them, then do 3 exploration missions and 3 sector defenses, and you are done for the day, at least with that character.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-10-2011, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Invalid answer: I PvPed occassionally.

My 3rd character, I pretty much ignored most story missions since they were boring the 3rd time around. I just did exploration and sector block defense, Patrols and the occassional PvP.

You might get a nice set of missions by doing the dailies in Eta Eridani and Orellius Sector Block now. Play through them, then do 3 exploration missions and 3 sector defenses, and you are done for the day, at least with that character.
Hmm, my only problem is i can't stand the tedium of the exploration sector missions - i despise the current ground game something fierce so i don't even bother taking missions where i have a ground component in Explore sectors. I wince and bear it if they're contact missions (though lately i have been falling asleep during them) but if i can avoid the ground game i will. Doesn't leave me a whole lot of options i guess.

Cheers for the input.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-10-2011, 06:53 AM
I do some mission replays to level up on the quick missions like spin the wheel,and the diplo one from the Defari series. Takes about 5 Min's to do and earns about 200 or so xp from each missions at lower levels. Can repeat this every 30 Min's or so . Often do pvp while waiting for it to reset. I leveled from LT Com 3 to Commander on Klingon toon this way in one night. Should be easier with a Fed as more to do in between.

Also in defend sector mission go the the larger class of ship ignore the small ones. I have just done a klingon one. Had to kill 12 patrols . i Killed 12 of the large ships each with XP of 10+ adding another 120XP for that one mission, on top of the mission reward of 414. Total earned was 534 XP. Where as the small ships give xp of 1+.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadscythe
Hmm, my only problem is i can't stand the tedium of the exploration sector missions - i despise the current ground game something fierce so i don't even bother taking missions where i have a ground component in Explore sectors. I wince and bear it if they're contact missions (though lately i have been falling asleep during them) but if i can avoid the ground game i will. Doesn't leave me a whole lot of options i guess.

Cheers for the input.
I hate(d) ground, too. And I usually avoid it. "Oh, sorry Starfleet, emergency on a planetary what? An asteroid what? Sorry, your transmission is unclear..."
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-10-2011, 08:13 AM
I had that problem after Open Beta/Head Start. It was difficult to motivate myself to do missions that I had already done. At the time I ground Defend the X Sector Block missions to get through content I didn't like, and also did exploration.

Now? It has been six months, so the early content doesn't feel repetitive. I'm slowly doing the Deferi and Devidian missions, too, so I have something new to do when I log in.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I hate(d) ground, too. And I usually avoid it. "Oh, sorry Starfleet, emergency on a planetary what? An asteroid what? Sorry, your transmission is unclear..."
It's sad that i can pretty much tell what sort of exploration mission i have gotten just by zoning in. A lot of the time i don't even need to read the initial mission dialogue that pops up. I just click the exit system warp icon and go look for another. Truley, tis a hallmark of quality mission design!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-10-2011, 07:00 PM
I recently rerolled a new sci 1-51, all defense once she got to LtC1.

I think the problem is between the keyboard and the chair if you're having problems on the ground.

3 engineers full of phaser turrets (all 3 ranks & a shield recharge) and a medic (Dylovene 1, Med Tri 2 & 3, Vasc Regen 3) will handily defeat most enemies on the ground. 3 scientists full of exposes (Tachyon Harmonic 1, Stasis Field 1, Gravi Shift 3, Tricorder Scan 3) and a medic will hande the rest (Remans & Breen).

You'll need to find someone who knows Phaser Turret 3 & Gravimetric Shift 3 & Tricorder Scan 3 to do this.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureAlliance View Post
I recently rerolled a new sci 1-51, all defense once she got to LtC1.

I think the problem is between the keyboard and the chair if you're having problems on the ground.

3 engineers full of phaser turrets (all 3 ranks & a shield recharge) and a medic (Dylovene 1, Med Tri 2 & 3, Vasc Regen 3) will handily defeat most enemies on the ground. 3 scientists full of exposes (Tachyon Harmonic 1, Stasis Field 1, Gravi Shift 3, Tricorder Scan 3) and a medic will hande the rest (Remans & Breen).

You'll need to find someone who knows Phaser Turret 3 & Gravimetric Shift 3 & Tricorder Scan 3 to do this.
I never said i was having problems on the ground. I said i hated the ground game - and i hate it because it's boring, shoddily designed and is just a painful mechanic to try and play through.

I'm not sure where you got the problem is between the keyboard and chair bit and me having problems from.