Lt. Commander
# 151
11-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Fleet actions are not really "on going", they are essentially single battles that are captured in game and replayable. So think of it like you might being able to replay the battle of Wolf 359 or the first battle of Chin'taka. If continuity is such an issue to you, you simply play the battle out once and then never again.

The War is and should be the all encompassing event in STO either that or the conflict simply needs to end.
It's one thing to have a war, it's another entirely to put Earth under siege. I quite agree the war should end anyway. It's pointless. It's a step backwards by two hundred years.

Everyone should remember that as well as all you maxed out admirals, the game still needs to cater towards new players and their experience, and this could be a promosing re-vamp of the tutorial imo. Start on Earth under siege at the academy (which is a lame idea, I know, but it's the best possible way of working this earth siege in, if you ask me). Then it basically plays out like vega colony except you saved the academy from certain orbital doom.

You'd better be able to go back there after the tutorial though, otherwise people are gonna feel cheated.

As a side note, if this does become the new tutorial, there should be an on-going thing to re-build the golden gate bridge. Cos what do you go after first in a war? The target's communication and road networks.

Rawk =]
Lt. Commander
# 152
11-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
It's one thing to have a war, it's another entirely to put Earth under siege. I quite agree the war should end anyway. It's pointless. It's a step backwards by two hundred years.

Everyone should remember that as well as all you maxed out admirals, the game still needs to cater towards new players and their experience, and this could be a promosing re-vamp of the tutorial imo. Start on Earth under siege at the academy (which is a lame idea, I know, but it's the best possible way of working this earth siege in, if you ask me). Then it basically plays out like vega colony except you saved the academy from certain orbital doom.

You'd better be able to go back there after the tutorial though, otherwise people are gonna feel cheated.

As a side note, if this does become the new tutorial, there should be an on-going thing to re-build the golden gate bridge. Cos what do you go after first in a war? The target's communication and road networks.

Rawk =]
Some good ideas here.

I just have to point out that with transporter technology, roads are irrelevant.
Lt. Commander
# 153
11-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
I just have to point out that with transporter technology, roads are irrelevant.
lol tarue dat.
Lt. Commander
# 154
11-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
Posted by Dan in Engineering Report (not in the actual report, but in one of his replies)
Thanks Dan!!!
I had to look up the station he was talking about duh "on myself". While it is nice to see that they are going to go with a old looking station, iam sure that this overhaul will be something that has been restricted or is so buggy that they are building this from the ground up, instead of placing the messh over that of the old station at ESD.

At the same time that they are doing this, what should and be allowed to be placed at the ESD, should be areas that do real Repairs on your ship, instead of this heal this and that on your ship damage. While, iam sure that is something is being looked at, there is so much that can be done when it comes to the ESD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethanatos View Post
Enterprise D had multiple transporter rooms, one would think that something the size of ESD would too.
Which iam sure is why they are taking there time in regards to this new overhaul. You recall when Dan talked about something going on that couldn't be fixed which at the beam in location was those two big doors, well it makes sense for them to basically rewrite it in order to provide that. Even perhaps allowing us to dock and walk off instead of beaming in.
Lt. Commander
# 155
11-18-2010, 08:00 AM
I've noticed that on Drozana my KDF beams on to the station at a different location then my FED do.

Maybe they could code different species to different transporter rooms based on which division created the best traffic. Humans and Liberated Borg probably need two or three transporter rooms.
Lt. Commander
# 156
11-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I know Dstahl is a fan of this.
I think I speak for everyone when I say we are all fans of that.
Lt. Commander
# 157
11-18-2010, 08:25 AM
That's what I'm talkin' about ^^
Lt. Commander
# 158 lower level of ESD ?
01-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Good ideas, Katic

I only started playing again this weekend - previously did the free trial way back when the game began. Lots of improvements I see.

Just took the turbolift outside the Admiral's office to the lower level of ESD ... maybe I missed something but there is nothing down there?

Does anything interesting go on in the State Room ?

Katic is gorgeous
Lt. Commander
# 159
01-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazar
Good ideas, Katic

I only started playing again this weekend - previously did the free trial way back when the game began. Lots of improvements I see.

Just took the turbolift outside the Admiral's office to the lower level of ESD ... maybe I missed something but there is nothing down there?
That lift provides 'doors' that can beused by player created (Foundry User Generated Content) missions. The Foundry is still in tit's first testing phase on teh Tribble Test server; but all the 'hooks' for it were put into the latestest major build pushed to the Holodeck Live server in preperation for the Foundry going Live on the Holodeck server.

Quote:
Does anything interesting go on in the State Room ?
When you get promoted; as part of the 'Promotion' mission, you can walk over there and go through a 'promotion cerimony'.

Quote:
Katic is gorgeous
Lt. Commander
# 160
01-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Gee, thanks. But I'd really prefer comments be directed towards my ideas, not my face.

Oh, and nice Necro.