Lt. Commander
# 1 Aditional Characters?
01-10-2011, 01:41 AM
Hello

I have currently on my Account a Tactical Vice-Admiral Character so my question is does it make sence to

create a new Engineering and Science Character and if yes can the characters support each other ?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-10-2011, 01:46 AM
I asked the same question a while back in the game, but I did'n recive a proper answer, so I decided to actually go and make one of each myself and try it out.

And yes: It is worth it:

1: The expirience is a little diffrent for each class, as you cant 100% use the same strategies on all 3.

2: You get to know alot of the skills you usually would not have gotten your hands on, and you learn what counters them, more effectively than you would have just reading about it.

3: You get to do the game with all the changes that have been made throughout the time it took you to level your main.

But can they help each other in-game? Answer to that is no.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-10-2011, 01:48 AM
if you mean support by fighting along side you at the same time, no. they are completely separate from your main. However, you can mail un-bound gear between characters if needed. Asside from that, there's no reason why you shouldn't play an alt or two, although, you'll be playing through all the same content you just finished with your VA.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-10-2011, 02:06 AM
Playing everything from the start wouldnŽd be the problem but how can i teach my engineers on my tactical account new skills from my new engineering account ?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-10-2011, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Bridger View Post
Playing everything from the start wouldnŽd be the problem but how can i teach my engineers on my tactical account new skills from my new engineering account ?
You'd need someone to help you.

You'd have to trade the BOff to that person, then have that person trade it to your engineer, who trains it. And then trade it back to the person, who would then trade it back to your tactical.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-10-2011, 02:42 AM
Thanks for the help !

Soon there will be a new Engineering and Science Vice-Admiral
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Bridger View Post
Also _very_ important. The BOs cannot outrank the PC. Its tempting to pull together some officers and train em up real solid, max skills, etc but ultimately you'll find that you can't accept them.
LT--Max Ensign Officer
LTC--Max LT Officer
CMD--Max LTC Officer
CAP--MaxCMD Officer

So at Cap rank its possible to pass off officers to yourself to max the skills in that rank--except the liberated borg BO.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-10-2011, 04:17 PM
It makes perfect sense to roll a new character. You will play the game from an almost different perspective. You cannot train one character with the other, but your characters can support each other in other ways. I have one Science Character maxed out in Research. My other characters send her all of the data samples they find, she makes and sends them upgraded equipment in return. No only do I not have to worry about spending time leveling all of my characters in research, it makes sense from on RP standpoint as well.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks too all for the information, but what is interesting is that there are guides to everything expect to this aspect of the game, i hope something will do one in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Another perk of having different classes is being able to do team missions (like STF's) more optimally. Like if your team needs a sci or eng, you could say, "I can be either. Which would you prefer?"