Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 11
01-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post
I agree with the OP who thought we should then have a Gorn and Orion arc, etc. to flesh out those races too. It will take the Foundry to do that unless Cryptic decides to make new episodes featuring them later.
I don't hold much hope for the Foundry in that regard. Is the Foundry a good thing? Yes. It can certainly produce fun missions too. But I've played everything from my own missions that were rather tame, to someone else's mission that completely introduces alternate universes and other things that I can only accept when I keep in my mind "okay, this is someone else's story they're trying to tell me." It's really hard for me to play a Foundry mission and lose myself in the story, for instance, and I don't know if that's because I've only been playing pretty so-so missions or what. But the point I'm getting at is, I'd much rather play what CRYPTIC thinks is going to happen to, say, the Gorn over the course of the war. And not some other random player's fanfiction of those events because Cryptic can't get around to it.

That's just me. I know, I just poo-pooed all over the Foundry parade, didn't I?