Lt. Commander
# 51
01-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Unfortunately agnostic missions have to have a very bland generic storyline, or else it wont make sense for everyone. And when you have a very bland generic storyline, you dont really "feel" like a Fed, Klingon, etc.
I agree to a point, but none of the weeklies felt bland or generic to me at all...
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Unfortunately agnostic missions have to have a very bland generic storyline, or else it wont make sense for everyone. And when you have a very bland generic storyline, you dont really "feel" like a Fed, Klingon, etc.
Not really. As long as they include choices unique to a faction (take the 'Aid The Shikar' daily - A KDF player has the option to destroy the Frieghter to prevent the spread of the disease; which is an option not offered to the Federation in that same daily mission.)

So, agnostic content CAN be made that still fits and feels 'unique' for each faction (asumming the Devs have and take the time to creathe those types of faction specific options for an 'faction agnostic' mission.)
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startruck
I agree to a point, but none of the weeklies felt bland or generic to me at all...
Your right; they didnt. And the reason is they were more Fed centric. To explain, I recently did the first weekly series on my Klingon. Now, it was GREAT to have something to do; I dont want there to be any confusion there. However, the whole "play nice with the Defari" storyline seemed a little too diplomatic for my Klingon. So IMO, the weekly series is really Fed centric content that Klingons can play, rather than truly agnostic content.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Rumor mongering.

Who ever said we weren't remastering Klingon episodes?

They are not intended to be "filler". They are intended to be improved versions of key episodes and provide more replayable content to go with the new PVE Queue system.

We plan to release the remastered episodes whenever they are ready... so there is no set schedule for them.
Would this be one reason, perhaps, that you launched mission replay without level scaling? In that you could have done just that and been done with it but decided missions warranted touch-up as they were retuned to be level scaling?