Lt. Commander
# 11
01-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeyer View Post
For that matter, why are my klingon crew always so well-behaved? They should be beating the snot out of each other on the bridge, in the mess hall, in the engine room &tc &tc.
tHEY ARE WARRIORS NOT CHILDREN.

It would be nice to be able to execute a Boff at the Captains discretion, if only to keep the others stepping proper.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-12-2011, 02:12 AM
Quote:
For that matter, why are my klingon crew always so well-behaved? They should be beating the snot out of each other on the bridge, in the mess hall, in the engine room &tc &tc.
You mean, once you start to respawn the, say, 5th time, it is time for the First OFficer to challenge you to a duel over the command of the ship due to your gross incompetence? (Or if you warp out of a PvP arena before completion, due to cowardice?)

That would be fun.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-12-2011, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
You mean, once you start to respawn the, say, 5th time, it is time for the First OFficer to challenge you to a duel over the command of the ship due to your gross incompetence? (Or if you warp out of a PvP arena before completion, due to cowardice?)

That would be fun.
This would be an interesting KDF faction game mechanic.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Actually, there is a strict system in place that allows "execution" aboard a Klingon ship and only under certain cicumstances. A subordinate may only challenge a superior under certain conditions,
cowardace , deriliction of duty, insubordination. It usually works the same way for for those above someone. In the TNG episode "A Matter Of Honor" Worf explains the Klingon system to Riker as he goes off to serve as an exchange officer. It is also discussed in the DS-9 episode "Soldiers Of The Empire".

It would be an interesting aspect to add to KDF.

Qapla' Batlh Je! (Success And Honor)

Marok.

Commanding IKS Khitomer

Also member of the fanclub Klingon Assault Group.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-13-2011, 12:04 AM
If execution would be possible I would have executed my entire crew after the attack on Utopia Planitia for dishonorable behaviour and challenged my superior for a duel for the same reason.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Well, from a RP perspective, you could imagine when you discharge a officer that you disintegrate him.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Actually, I think an 'executio n' mechanic for the KDF side duty roster systen (when it's released in the Season 4 Update) MIGHT be a fun thing if done well, and there was some reason or advatage to doing it if certain circumstances arise in game.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-14-2011, 09:18 PM
I'd like to see a variety of execution methods offered... disintegration, throwing them to the Targs, out the air lock... I don't want to be known as the Captain that lacked creativity in his punishments
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
I'd like to see a variety of execution methods offered... disintegration, throwing them to the Targs, out the air lock... I don't want to be known as the Captain that lacked creativity in his punishments
It would be canon as well, double win!
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-19-2011, 11:44 AM
I don't execute my officers, why waste them. They get send to the reeducation chamber.