Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
This is why that strategy is not a good use of time. You'll waste a lot of time finding the right place to stand, etc. The more time you waste with the non-aggro method the more likely you'll have to wipe multiple times to get the positioning right. You're much, much better off using the "brute force" medical method as any wiping takes far less time. I think we got it 2nd or 3rd try instead of spending hours trying to find the right position and being punished spending another half hour wiping to try again. I'm sure someone will have an anecdote about how they had no issue with it though, but the non-aggro method was an utter fail every single time my team tried it...reliably someone would get aggro from a tactical drone even while out of LOS and not be able to manage the workers. Managing a weakened medical drone is far easier.
Not sure why this would take a lot of time. Maybe your first time through it. It's not like there are a whole lot of options on where to stand. Once you know where to go, it's the same each time. The terrain and the beam in locations don't change (or at least they haven't since season 2). When we run it, we always use the same positioning. For newbies, we just tell them where to stand. Telling them where to stand doesn't take anymore time than telling them how to do the "brute force" method really.