Lt. Commander
# 1 Deluxe / Collectors / Mixed
01-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Hi All,
Big noob here cos so far ive only played the demo, was hoping I wouldn't get hooked but guess what...

Anyway i been looking at the different versions you can buy and the extras you can get but im a little confused.

Here http://www.startupmedia.co.uk/p-4935...dition-pc.aspx it says that the collectors edition has
  • 3 10 day buddy cards (dont care)
  • 40+ page art book (oooo shiney)
  • Die cast badge (just nearly choked on my tea)
  • In game uniforms (ok suppose)

Here http://store.steampowered.com/app/901222/ it says that the deluxe edition has
  • Original Star Trek Uniform Set (meh can live wihtout it)
  • Exclusive “KHAAAN!” Emote (not bothered in the slightest)
  • Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote (not bothered in the slightest)
  • Unique Registry Prefix (I want I want)
  • Unique Ship Item: Automated Defense Battery (I want I want)

But here http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Onli...4848734&sr=8-1 it says for the collectors edition I get a red matter capacitor

Someone please give me a full list of extras for the deluxe edition and for the collectors edition oooo and also the cheapest price you found pls

thanks in advance
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Well the first question I would have for you is whether you want a box or not. The steam version, for example is just a digital download. Some but not all of the retailer exclusive items are available for purchase in game using cryptic points so depending on how much 'bang' for your buck you want you can pick up the set that has most of what you want and add the rest later. Since you specifically mention it, the Red Matter Capacitor, for example, is still tied to certain retail editions and not available for in game purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
Well the first question I would have for you is whether you want a box or not. The steam version, for example is just a digital download.
Box would be nice but I can live without it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Well for example if you have a gamestop(US/Canada) they were selling the collectors edition for 14.99(us) on sunday (the nice shiny box with the combadge and red matter capacitor) and the basic game for 7.99 Both of those come with the TOS Constitution as I recall. I do actually believe you can get the capacitor if you go the digital download route, though it looks like the xmas sale amazon had on those has ended and it is back in the 20 dollar range. I will say though that alot of the exclusives you get with the boxes/downloads are really only useful at the beginning of the game, after you reach about Lt. Com. 1 or so, after which they become a bit dated, the only exception being the phasers on the TOS Connie, they actually do level up with you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Well for example if you have a gamestop(US/Canada) they were selling the collectors edition for 14.99(us) on sunday (the nice shiny box with the combadge and red matter capacitor) and the basic game for 7.99 Both of those come with the TOS Constitution as I recall. I do actually believe you can get the capacitor if you go the digital download route, though it looks like the xmas sale amazon had on those has ended and it is back in the 20 dollar range. I will say though that alot of the exclusives you get with the boxes/downloads are really only useful at the beginning of the game, after you reach about Lt. Com. 1 or so, after which they become a bit dated, the only exception being the phasers on the TOS Connie, they actually do level up with you.
Well the first issue I can see maybe that im in the UK so unless gamestop deliver to UK (in which case I might save some money what with our VAT increase) im buggered lol but what I really need is a complete list of editions with a complete list of... PERKS shall we say so I can make an informed choice as I just found theirs a gold edition too
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm afraid I become less help now because all the retailers I am familiar with are US distributors. I am highly unsure what your options were on the other side of the pond. Though I seem to recall seeing reports in the forums of boxes being seen for lowish costs. But as a side note what I will again tell you is that if you go to the c-store (http://www.startrekonline.com/store) you can see what items are available for in game purchase and that might influence what box/download you pick up, since you can get these without buying a bunch of different versions.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
I'm afraid I become less help now because all the retailers I am familiar with are US distributors. I am highly unsure what your options were on the other side of the pond. Though I seem to recall seeing reports in the forums of boxes being seen for lowish costs. But as a side note what I will again tell you is that if you go to the c-store (http://www.startrekonline.com/store) you can see what items are available for in game purchase and that might influence what box/download you pick up, since you can get these without buying a bunch of different versions.
Oh well thanks anyway castmodean
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2011, 09:21 AM
There is also the Target box set that has a starter rifle, but it mostly a hard to find one, some people have found it in discount bins at the store for $5.

I have the version with the badge(meh) and the red matter capacitor ().