Lt. Commander
# 1 Enterprise-F Submission
01-12-2011, 11:11 PM
http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...ery?share=1229

So FINALLY finished my submission, and beyond having being limited by my media (wish I would have done more computer stuff in college, lol) I can say I'm pretty happy with the design.

I'm sure the majority of the influences are obvious. Of course I'm drawing heavily from John Eaves's Sovereign, Mark Rademaker's Aventine, and Rick Sternbach's Intrepid, but you can probably see some of Andrew Probert's Galaxy in her also with the stardrive section.

I wanted to convey an evolution that would be expected with a new Enterprise. The progression from ellipse to a more delta pattern of the saucer section seemed like a good place to start. I thought a good distinct idea, a departure from most Fed designs we've seen, would be to use a smaller stardrive section, or at least shorter. At the same time, I wanted to echo the lines of the Galaxy there too, along with how the pylons diverge away. As for the Nacelles, I wanted to stick with simplicity. The idea of the warp coils inside of them made me think of the Warhammer 40k Necron gauss gun. So with basic design philosophy, just had to get it down on paper, ink it, and photoshop it a bit.

She's about 875m long and 210m wide.

Tell me what you think! If you like it, throw me some votes at the website. And wish me luck, too!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Looks verry similar to the Vesta Class that is already in developement. Too similar... Not that it aint a pretty ship, its just already in the works in the Engineering report.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2011, 07:35 PM
As I said, I drew influence from the Aventine/Vesta, and I was actually surprised when I looked at the top profiles together how close the two match from the saucer section, but if you look at the rest of the lines of the ship, including the saucer from the side, my design is quite a departure.

The side profile of the saucer is actually closer to the Intrepid.
Aventine/Vesta
Intrepid

There are a lot of ships with a circle or an oval that generally matches one ship's saucer to another. I think Rademaker was on to a great idea, a natural evolution of Starfleet Design (without going overboard which I believe the Prometheus did with a full Delta. Pretty ship in and of itself, but a radical departure), and I ran in my own direction with it.

Thanks for the comments and the opinion though! Oh and I missed that the Vesta was included in the new Engie Report, which has me really excited too.