Lt. Commander
# 11
01-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Super hero movies are so last decade. Bring on the movies about robots boxing each other.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-13-2011, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
Super hero movies are so last decade. Bring on the movies about robots boxing each other.
Those were last decade too.

Transformers anyone?
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-14-2011, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Those were last decade too.

Transformers anyone?
They're all old style now.

Let's face it, almost every movie about everything has been made already. The only sort of thing that hasn't been done is when Earth's Armed Forces ransack the galaxy, kill alien men and put the alien women into sex slavery.

But that's hardly gonna happen, is it?
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-14-2011, 12:42 AM
No more hero movies! GAHHHHH!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-14-2011, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
They're all old style now.

Let's face it, almost every movie about everything has been made already. The only sort of thing that hasn't been done is when Earth's Armed Forces ransack the galaxy, kill alien men and put the alien women into sex slavery.

But that's hardly gonna happen, is it?
Enterprise's Mirror Universe two-parter fits that bill actually.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-14-2011, 07:54 AM
I think the costume looks fine. I think it just looks off in that picture cuz it looks like he just got done fighting something that obviously clawed up his suit a bit (see: The Lizard). Which probably explains why the suit looks grungy and perhaps why the red belt on the suit is missing at the moment. Also, if the keen eye looks at Spidey's wrists you can see what look to be MECHANICAL WEB SHOOTERS.

Personally I'm stoked about a reboot because I thought the original 3 Spider-Man movies are grossly overrated. Toby M. couldn't go 5 minutes without taking his mask off to get face time and Sam Raimi is an absolute hack as a writer and director. Spider-Man 3 pretty much verified all of the problems I had with the previous movies before it.

Plus with the few details that are coming out about the reboot movie it sounds better already. The movie has no Mary-Jane and features Gwen Stacy instead (for fans of the original comics, you know what this leads to... a scene that Sam Raimi utterly ruined in the original movie), The Lizard is finally getting face time, they're building up Green Goblin a little more properly, and they're also going to try and parallel some of the Ultimate Universe Spider-Man stuff a little too.

Yeah, they're rebooting something thats popular. It might not work but it might work too. It worked for Batman and Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-14-2011, 08:05 AM
Mechanical Web Shooters are idiotic.

Now it's come about different ways. In one way a kid who develops Spider-like powers just HAPPENS upon the technology. Ignores the fact that it would be awesome for police use and keeps it to himself. I hate HUGE coincidences like that.

Or in one version he just plain was so super intelligent that he invented them himself after thinking "hey, I got spider powers but no web, why don't I make some?"

Freakin' stupid as fudge. Organic web shooters all the way.
Plus, compared to other fantasy techs the technology is just so outlandish. The ability to hold like a pill sized amount of liquid to create such massive amounts of webbing? IronMan's armor is probably 100x more realistic even with all of it's problems (like Jetpack feet).
At least with organic shooters he can hold this miracle liquid that turns to web in his much bigger than pill sized body.

I hate the tech web shooters. They suck.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
Haha a crap load of super hero movies are goign to be released this year and next year.

Forgot where I read this but 2011 is allegedly the "Year of the Geek." :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Ahahahahah! Oh boy, whoever came up with that costume ...

Looks nothing like The Spiderman, but I guess "reboots" are hip this decade - and how could you reimagine things without totally screwing over the original?

Quo vadis, Hollywood.