Lt. Commander
# 11 tricorder simple fix...
01-06-2011, 09:00 AM
i agree in part with this: "t would be nice if we could bring up a scanning interface, select an item for which we would like to scan, and then run through a little mini-game to find any applicable objects in that category. Our success with the mini-game would determine how many, if any, objects we detected and place way point markers on the map; perhaps even visible markers akin to the bridge officer way points. Scanning for different categories could either blank out the previous results (requiring the previous mini-game to be run again) or place different coloured markers on the map."

My suggestion would have a simplified version. a red pointer for anomalies and a blue one for mission objectives and a green pointer for items so, if i'm on romulan rator prime and hit the scan button i see...
A Green pointer from my tricorder"mini screen" or as is now a green beam for the hypo's, romulan ale, my tribbles love the stuff, etc. A blue beam comes out for the mission and where to go to complete the mission, and a red beam shows me where to go for anomalies...AND MAYBE A YELLOW ARROWED PATH TO FALLEN BOFFS AND TEAM MATES TO REVIVE WHEN THEY "FALL ASLEEP" LOL. Also a matching colored distance indicator for each class of things we are looking for..like no green beam but im 50 meters on my right from an anomaly and 30 meters behind me is my mission objective, so i can choose which order i want first or to skip anomalies al together.

This would be MOST USEFUL on diplomatic corps mission looking to diplomatically scan 4 plants that want to eat me with nobody around, with 2 extra anomalies also showing up blue. You think in the 25th century a hand held scanner linked to a ship in orbit can tell the difference between a plant and a data sample from orbit to plot on map or from a hand held device that can do the same.

ADDITIONALLY SINCE MY SHIP IS IN ORBIT "LOOKING DOWN OVER ME" CRYPTIC i want these colored anomalies to show up and be color coded on map or have symbols to be placed on the map when i use the maps scan button. also i would like to be able to plot way points in map to follow to not get lost as well as in area map for ship as well.

i can see filtering mission scan via mini game, but there should be a tricorder only mode to swap from my speedy version to your role playing mode...i should do a post on role playing mode...
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-07-2011, 10:24 AM
I would also like to add that I too am in favor of allowing tricorders to switch between scanables; however I do not like the idea of it being a mini game
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderchase View Post
I would also like to add that I too am in favor of allowing tricorders to switch between scanables; however I do not like the idea of it being a mini game
I felt a minigame might be neat to represent the way the actors always fiddle with the tricorders before stating the results.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
I felt a minigame might be neat to represent the way the actors always fiddle with the tricorders before stating the results.
I understand however I dont like mini-games and would prefer that my character be competent enough with the machine to just switch it over.