Lt. Commander
# 41
01-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
For now (I believe) the plan is to add a door from Mempa Sector (near H'Atoria) that goes directly to Mylasa Sector - which means opening up the Psi Velorum Sector Block to the KDF.

In the future we've talked about adding a full sector block where the current Arcanis Arm and Hromi cluster reside which will be accessible by all factions.
Yes please! Give us the Triangle!
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angeluztb View Post
Great map, and I do hope that's the direction where STO will be heading in this new year. Though according to THIS map, and the fact that the Iconians and more level cap areas are coming in the future, Iconia is around the Mylasa and Narendra sectors or really in the neutral zone of ROM/FED/KDF.

I really do hope they'll be bringing more neutral zone/territory control zones though...
I agree, that is where Iconia should be, but they already put it in the game at that location. I doubt they will move it to be more in accordance with that map.

Considering that the Iconians want to wipe everyone out they would have been perfect in the Open PvP sector in my map. Where Fed, Rom, and Kdf could all have access to them. It wouldn't be perfect but better then the current placement.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-13-2011, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
Where Fed, Rom, and Kdf could all have access to them.
This can easily be circumvented by transwarp gates or trans-sector passages like they already exist for Omega Leonis and Deferi Space. I do think a Triangle-like Fed/Rom/KDF sector should focus on the conflict between the big factions alone and not contain some sub-plot about a common enemy.

That said, in this fan map, the warzone doesn't really look "connected" to the Federation - I'd place it directly next to Regulus and extending up to the gap between Mylasa and Mempa. The only thing bothering me would be that Pi Canis is so "blue" despite being accessible to the KDF as well. Possible solutions for that:

- just change the colour to KDF red, both factions are already doing missions there anyways
- split Pi Canis into a "blue" and a "red" zone
- make Pi Canis the warzone and move present content to another sector, turning the new sector above Pi Canis into Romulan PvE
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-14-2011, 05:55 AM
No offense but the only way the Klingons are going to be in Romulan territory is for war. I think people are forgetting that the Romulans and Klingons are bitter enemies and the Federation is *supposed* to have a tenuous alliance with the Romulans (why do you think fed ships can wander Romulan territory?) according to the timeline to 2409. I would be all for adding a small sector in between Pi Canis and Psi Velorum, actually i think that would be a great idea. But the Klingons have no "business" being in Romulan territory unless they are heading into a fight. Please guys don't destroy your own storyline like you already have with the Feds/Klingon war!

~D

P.S. it would be interesting to have a PvP weekly series though. . .an invasion of Romulan Territory by the Klingons (and the feds defending the Romulans) would be a unique addition to existing STO content..
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
This can easily be circumvented by transwarp gates or trans-sector passages like they already exist for Omega Leonis and Deferi Space. I do think a Triangle-like Fed/Rom/KDF sector should focus on the conflict between the big factions alone and not contain some sub-plot about a common enemy.

That said, in this fan map, the warzone doesn't really look "connected" to the Federation - I'd place it directly next to Regulus and extending up to the gap between Mylasa and Mempa. The only thing bothering me would be that Pi Canis is so "blue" despite being accessible to the KDF as well. Possible solutions for that:

- just change the colour to KDF red, both factions are already doing missions there anyways
- split Pi Canis into a "blue" and a "red" zone
- make Pi Canis the warzone and move present content to another sector, turning the new sector above Pi Canis into Romulan PvE

As far as I know Pi Canis isn't Klingon space so changing it to Red would be wrong. Just as wrong as having Eta Eridani Red. Both of them should be both blue and red. 50% each.

If you look at the Arucanis Arm and Hromi Cluster they are traversable as well making the PvP War Zone accessable by feds from three sides. Klingons from three sides. Romulans from two sides.

Also this map I made, was made long before the Klingons gained access to the Pi Canis sector block.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Quote:
As far as I know Pi Canis isn't Klingon space [...]
Actually, it is. At least parts of it. Korvat is a Klingon colony, and as far as I recall the sector block has always been "split" between a Federation and a Klingon side (kind of like Alpha Centauri's split between Fed and Romulan side), even though the entire block is coloured blue.

It would be possible to recolour the sector red (explained with the Klingon offensive that does happen right now) whilst allowing Starfleet to keep visiting it. :3

Quote:
Just as wrong as having Eta Eridani Red. Both of them should be both blue and red. 50% each.
That's another option, but I do not think the game is able to reflect this without splitting the sector block into two. Every sector block seems only capable to be displayed in a single colour on the galaxy map.

Quote:
If you look at the Arucanis Arm and Hromi Cluster they are traversable as well making the PvP War Zone accessable by feds from three sides. Klingons from three sides. Romulans from two sides.
I got that, it just doesn't look as "sleek" as a direct border-to-border access.

It would also be kind of weird that the Federation would not have explored an area of space already claimed by it (considering that the official border is further to the east?). It's also possible that the Exploration cluster transit points are merely abstractions and the actual target location is much further away (like for Deferi space) than it looks on the maps. But as I said, I'm going solely by the looks here.

Quote:
Also this map I made, was made long before the Klingons gained access to the Pi Canis sector block.
It wasn't meant as criticism! We all have our own preferences when it comes to such details. For what it's worth, I like the general idea and you did a good job displaying what you meant.
Actually, you even kind of inspired me.
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Actually, it is. At least parts of it. Korvat is a Klingon colony, and as far as I recall the sector block has always been "split" between a Federation and a Klingon side (kind of like Alpha Centauri's split between Fed and Romulan side), even though the entire block is coloured blue.

It would be possible to recolour the sector red (explained with the Klingon offensive that does happen right now) whilst allowing Starfleet to keep visiting it. :3

That's another option, but I do not think the game is able to reflect this without splitting the sector block into two. Every sector block seems only capable to be displayed in a single colour on the galaxy map.

I got that, it just doesn't look as "sleek" as a direct border-to-border access.

It would also be kind of weird that the Federation would not have explored an area of space already claimed by it (considering that the official border is further to the east?). It's also possible that the Exploration cluster transit points are merely abstractions and the actual target location is much further away (like for Deferi space) than it looks on the maps. But as I said, I'm going solely by the looks here.

It wasn't meant as criticism! We all have our own preferences when it comes to such details. For what it's worth, I like the general idea and you did a good job displaying what you meant.
Actually, you even kind of inspired me.
What I tried to get across was, both these Sector blocks should have blue and red areas. But as you pointed out, that is not possible. So one being all red, even though it shouldn't be. And one being all blue, even though it shouldn't be. That is quite fair in my book. :p

As the exploration areas being that big and un explored inside federation space, not that logical. Instead I would like them to be like the Mutara Nebula, or the Kahless Expanse, or the Briar Patch. As objects inside a Sector map. But still it doesn't explain why they after hundreds of years haven't been completely explored yet.
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashter
P.S. it would be interesting to have a PvP weekly series though. . .an invasion of Romulan Territory by the Klingons (and the feds defending the Romulans) would be a unique addition to existing STO content..
This is a great idea!
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Instead I would like them to be like the Mutara Nebula, or the Kahless Expanse, or the Briar Patch. As objects inside a Sector map.
Indeed! I think they just exist as "placeholders" because the devs didn't like the thought of there being a wall that says "the galaxy ends here".

More explorable nebulas inside sector space would be pretty cool.

As far as "space walls" are concerned, I think they could easily just do what they already did to Deferi Space and just place some Exploration cluster at the edge of the map, then draw a line to Fed space. Would look more like true exploration this way, as it appears further away.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
It makes a mockery of our supposed power struggle.
Silly things which make no sense deserve to be mocked.