Lt. Commander
# 131
04-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkenneally View Post
A chase camera is definitely being looked into as well as a revision of the current camera modes. Suggestions for improvement are always welcome, but voting is no longer necessary.
Why is this just "being looked into"? We have been asking for a chase camera since the beta. Why is giving the players an option they have been asking for such a problem? I enjoy STO but it really seems like the dev team does not give a damn about what the players want in the game.

Driving with two buttons on my mouse is uncomfortable, using a joystick without a chase camera is annoying. I'm ready to drop my STO sub purely due to the ship control scheme, playing without a chase camera is annoying and MMOs that annoy me with their controls lose my money. I've put up with the lack of a chase camera this long, but my patience is not inexhaustible. I'm willing to give STO another month and if there is no chase cam setting by that time I'm gone.
Lt. Commander
# 132
04-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Chase camera is an absolute must. No question. Cryptic, please make this happen
Lt. Commander
# 133 Back :-)
05-11-2010, 03:08 AM
I quit because of the lack of a chase cam with the promise I would come back if it ever came. I'm back :-)

Big thanks to all the devs for the chase cam option.

But... it still needs a bit of work, I think.

Right now the camera lags behind the ship's turn and so is neither looking straight ahead nor towards the direction in which the ship is turning.

As Is, it works but it could be a bit tighter.
Lt. Commander
# 134 Andwyn
01-14-2011, 01:16 PM
I love most of the game play, but you're no WoW, this could me such a better game. the main problem I have, as do all my friends who have played was the camera views suck!! chase cam on side of character? i have no idea who came up with that idea, and it make work for some, but not a lot of people i know. i would love to see a camera pov that can change to the needs or wants of the player. I mean keep what you have as an option, but allow a setting change to maybe first person, and draw back to 3rd, or overhead.. so on. I find I cant really get into the game with the camera options available to me, then that's mine and my friend gamers opinion. as far as everything else we'll richer game content would be nice to see. thank you for listening!

Andwyn