Lt. Commander
# 11
01-14-2011, 10:19 AM
I like the Jupiter's design. I mean obviously it could stand to have a second pass-over should it ever become playable, but it's pretty good at presenting the fact that it's a Federation ship and it's huge.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
I like the Jupiter's design. I mean obviously it could stand to have a second pass-over should it ever become playable, but it's pretty good at presenting the fact that it's a Federation ship and it's huge.
indeed, it just needs some polish before being made a playable ship, also if they made it a carrier they could have 3 'variations' of it like all the other ships
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT01 View Post
I think you're confusing the Typhoon with the Jupiter. The Jupiter's pylon arrangement is more akin to the Constellation's, plus the Typhoon actually has a more traditional Starfleet ship profile, unlike the Jupiter.
Thank you for the correction. The Typhoon doesn't look too terrible, but that Jupiter class....*retches in his mouth*
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldmilk View Post
The Jupiter is simply an eye sore. The pylons and nacells are hideous. How this ship got past CBS is beyond me. I can't continue without insulting the modeler, so i won't.
Lets see, it has a bridge cake, a saucer primary hull, a secondary hull under it, and an even number of nacells aranged not all that differently from the stargazer.

Suck it up, purist.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Let's not devolve into name calling, dude.
And honestly, I don't see why so many people get up in arms over either the Jupiter or the Typhoon. They're interesting ship designs, and if they got past CBS, then someone over there definetely thinks of them as worthy enough to be part of the Star Trek IP. I can easily see the Jupiter fulfilling the role of an advanced exploration cruiser, and operate akin to a small mobile starbase.
And considering the game takes place a good 30 or 40 years after anything "canon", it makes little sense for some forum-goers here to start going on about how STO breaks it. So far, it hasn't; it's nowhere in the vicinity of anything canon anyways, so why bother getting in a huff about it, I say.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Haha I guess people are going to be annoyed when Typhoon gets added.

Hell there's one in ESD's drydock so that shows that Cryptic has the intentions to add it at one point now.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-14-2011, 12:21 PM
I also think the Typhoon is pretty cool looking.

But the Jupiter is a pig. It is... fugly...
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldmilk View Post
The Jupiter is simply an eye sore. The pylons and nacells are hideous. How this ship got past CBS is beyond me. I can't continue without insulting the modeler, so i won't.
I agree. And the Typhoon isn't much better.