Lt. Commander
# 1 Earth and the Clone Stamp Tool
12-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Hello, this is something that has been bothering me since beta and I may have mentioned it a few times but I figured I should just start a thread about this.

Is there any way we can get North America fixed on the graphic for Earth?

Link: Earth

It is really obvious that the same pattern was repeated at least four times in the area with the red circle. It looks really unrealistic. At least it does to me.
Lt. Commander
# 2 I never noticed
12-14-2010, 12:44 PM
In my opinion, which means dog squat, they have other fish to fry far more pressing....

Content.....and polishing up the stuff they already have.

I have a ton of things i wish they would focus on which are similair as the "bug" the hell out of me but i am sure they will pass it over for more "importand" items.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Probably get addressed with the solar system revamp later on next year.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Don't forget, it's

A: Earth almost 401 years into the future,
B: The Dominion attacked Earth in that timeframe, and
C: It is possible that since many people don't focus too much on the planetary graphics, Cryptic dosen't think it important to put that much detail into something people don't pay as much attention to as other things.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garravesh View Post
they have other fish to fry far more pressing....
Really? I guess I can't post feedback on some of the graphics in the game in the hope that they can fix it one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garravesh View Post
Content.....and polishing up the stuff they already have.
Polishing also includes fixing graphics.. and I'm going to assume that there are quite a few people at Cryptic with pretty good photoshop skills. As the planet texture for Earth is probably simply a texture file (aka an image) adjusting some of the area in question to make it less.. 'clone stamped' would take 10-15 minutes if not less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen666 View Post
Probably get addressed with the solar system revamp later on next year.
I hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan844
Don't forget, it's

A: Earth almost 401 years into the future,
B: The Dominion attacked Earth in that timeframe, and
C: It is possible that since many people don't focus too much on the planetary graphics, Cryptic dosen't think it important to put that much detail into something people don't pay as much attention to as other things.
A: Regardless if it's 1000 years in the future, the area in question was clearly 'clone stamped'.
B: Would not really affect the graphical issue in this case.
C: I would not be surprised by this.. but with that being said if you don't report a bug / graphical anomoly then it'll never get looked at!
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Looks like the Midwestern Vally has become a ginormous city. Sounds plausible to me. How is that not realistic? Its a work of fiction. As such they can do just about anything.

Like others have said, I am sure it will be addressed in the upcoming Sol System revamp in about a year or so.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-15-2010, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayenn
Looks like the Midwestern Vally has become a ginormous city. Sounds plausible to me. How is that not realistic? Its a work of fiction. As such they can do just about anything.

Like others have said, I am sure it will be addressed in the upcoming Sol System revamp in about a year or so.
You should actually read what he wrote, because he isn't bringing canon into this at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
It is really obvious that the same pattern was repeated at least four times in the area with the red circle. It looks really unrealistic.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-03-2011, 08:10 PM
I've noticed things like this on planets in general, and it's kind of annoying. Not very high on my list of things they should worry about, but annoying none-the-less.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
I've noticed things like this on planets in general, and it's kind of annoying. Not very high on my list of things they should worry about, but annoying none-the-less.
I agree.. it's simply an art touch up that shouldn't take very long to do but isn't essential to be done right away. Hopefully this will factor into their focus on polishing things.