Lt. Commander
# 21
01-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaza View Post
The problem is she was a replacement to Jadzia who was the sex-symbol of DS9 and you just can't replace that type of character with a cute and shy type like Ezri without backlash.
Biggest problem with Ezri I thought was that she was literally shoehorned into the last season. That left practically no time to develop her character beyond this California Valley Cloudcoocoolander.

As for Jadzia being a sex symbol - meh, I prefered Major Kira.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Ezri Dax was unbelieveably awesome.

Vic Fontaine was far and away the worst and most annoying recurring character in DS9.
=O i loved vic!!
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-15-2011, 08:43 AM
I'm going to expand a bit more since I have more time.

Keira - Always seem to me to be a poor mans version of Ensign Ro. I know it was SUPPOSED to be Ro, but Forbes turned it down because she feels she is better then trek. I know it's probably me, and that I read into it too much.

Jake - yes he was there for the teen audience, it just got annoying when he became an adult and the whole "I'm a writer junk." Did he really get that good an education from Keiko?

Keiko - Always annoyed me, even on TNG. Maybe it was her acting, but she was always knowing better then anyone else it seems. I was so glad when they shipped the O'Brien family back to earth. Actually I was glad when the whole TNG era stopped with the families on ships thing. I know the logic, but it really did not make sense for a military to have families on all ships.

Ferengi's in general have always been annoying. Thats why they dropped them as the main baddies in TNG. They just can't be taken seriously and were the clowns of Star Trek. Well except Nog, who actually turned out to be a pretty good character by the end.

Ezri - I didn't mind her, I just think she was forced on us, and there was no time to build her character properly. 1st season is rough for any character, and to build relationships takes at least 1 season. Look at them trying to force seven and chakotay together at the last minute, it just does not work.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoenATL
I'm going to expand a bit more since I have more time.

Keira - Always seem to me to be a poor mans version of Ensign Ro. I know it was SUPPOSED to be Ro, but Forbes turned it down because she feels she is better then trek. I know it's probably me, and that I read into it too much.
i never really liked ro that much. im glad we had kira and not ro in ds9.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-15-2011, 09:29 AM
VIC! I hated Vic. I don't watch Star Trek to watch some 1962 Las Vegas singer. I hated him more than anything.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaza View Post
I didn't mind Ezri. . . She was cute and a bit shy, which happens to be a favored character type for me.

The problem is she was a replacement to Jadzia who was the sex-symbol of DS9 and you just can't replace that type of character with a cute and shy type like Ezri without backlash.
Personally, I didn't mind the replacement aspect that much, though I preferred Jadzia as a character. With all the competition to be a host, her character struck me more as the type who would go through it, determined.

My main problem with Ezri though isn't with Ezri, but with the writers. The writers seemed to go "oh, something new to write about" and focused a large percentage of episodes on her. Now, obviously, some issues, like dealing with Worf, needed to be resolved, but it just felt like too much, every other week an Ezri episode.

Quote:
That being said. . . My least favorite character of DS9 is definitely Jake.
Think that would hold true for most people.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-15-2011, 03:37 PM
All of the Bajorans ever. But if I have to pick one, I'll go with Wynn because she sums up everything that I hate about them as a species.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Anything involving the Emissary plotline I didn't like. I'm not a fan of hokey religions and ancient weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-15-2011, 07:26 PM
For me it was Bashir, the only thing i liked about him was that he hung around the bastion of pure awesome Miles O'Brien.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-15-2011, 09:02 PM
.... Keiko Obrian .... O.... M.... G....