Lt. Commander
# 1 Scan/Tricorder options
01-13-2011, 03:28 PM
I'd like to be able to choose what I am able to scan for. Right now, we just hit the scan button and it points at.... something. It might be the next mission objective, or it might be an anomaly, or it might be some random container. I'd like to be able to set what to scan for. Settings could include next mission objective, nearest anomaly, nearest enemy life signs, nearest container, perhaps even specific NPCs at a starbase to help track them down. It would give a bit more of a Trek feel to the scan feature. Not to mention it would be a big help if an anomaly happens to be inaccessible and you'd like to be able to find the next mission objective instead.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Atleast we have a pointer that is pointing in a direction something is at. In beta we had to manually find items, the game would tell us we had anomalies in an areas and how many but no way to find them besides having to hunt for them. After a lot of request on the forums in beta, they finally gave us an indicator that pointed in the correct direction.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-16-2011, 09:07 AM
I think this is a valid proposl, would help with immersion. MMOs should always be looking to add and improve features.