Lt. Commander
# 61
01-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuropain View Post
I must be doing something wrong because when I use your commands for activating a specific slot of a specific tray I just get: Unknown command "�+TrayExecByTray".

The command in question is: numpad2 +TrayExecByTray 0 1
Not sure what is happening here, but the syntax is correct and when I copy/paste it works.

Make sure you are using notepad when editing the file the "�" tells me you are using some other program and a non-printing character is being inserted that STO is failing on.
Lt. Commander
# 62 Empty *.txt file??
01-15-2011, 03:53 PM
When I /bind_save_file keybinds_space.txt Or /bind whatever.txt I get an empty file.. What gives?
Lt. Commander
# 63
01-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurga
When I /bind_save_file keybinds_space.txt Or /bind whatever.txt I get an empty file.. What gives?
/bind is only used for binding keys not retrieving files.

When you /bind_save_file <filename>, the <filename> is saved to your STO Live folder. Navigate there and open your file.
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
/bind is only used for binding keys not retrieving files.

When you /bind_save_file <filename>, the <filename> is saved to your STO Live folder. Navigate there and open your file.
ok.. That's what I did, cut and paste what you wrote, except, i replaced <filename> with BINDS.txt and the file only has one line, is this normal??
Lt. Commander
# 65 labeling of trayslots
01-16-2011, 09:00 AM
First off...thanks for the information.

I noticed that after loading the bind file that the little labels on the HUD display(that correspond with the key) have disappeared. Is there a way to get these to show? I notice when I set them in the chat window that the labels still exist.

Also are there other keybinds that you are aware of to change the size and shape of other HUD items?

Note: I have used the ones you have already posted.
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Hutchins
First off...thanks for the information.

I noticed that after loading the bind file that the little labels on the HUD display(that correspond with the key) have disappeared. Is there a way to get these to show? I notice when I set them in the chat window that the labels still exist.

Also are there other keybinds that you are aware of to change the size and shape of other HUD items?

Note: I have used the ones you have already posted.

IF you use a key combo that is on the first three trays (Alt+1, Control+8, 5), that label will be removed because it is no longer associated with the tray slot.

The only other HUD command that I can give you is: /GenJailUnlock <bin>

1 is unlocked; 0 is locked

Activating this will allow you to reposition the HUD elements. Here is a pic of my redistributed HUD.
Lt. Commander
# 67
01-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Interesting layout. I noticed the power silders, do you find yourself using them more often then if you just locked in some settings?
Lt. Commander
# 68
01-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post

IF you use a key combo that is on the first three trays (Alt+1, Control+8, 5), that label will be removed because it is no longer associated with the tray slot.

The only other HUD command that I can give you is: /GenJailUnlock <bin>

1 is unlocked; 0 is locked

Activating this will allow you to reposition the HUD elements. Here is a pic of my redistributed HUD.
Thank you....I was really hoping to have trays 4-10 have the mini labels as well. I only wrote the bind file for trays 4-10, so 1-3 still have them. I just thought with so many options it would be nice to have that little reminder there.

The /GenJailUnlock bind is great....much easier to rearrange that way then with the options menu method....wonder why they dont make it the standard. It doesnt make sense to rearrange binds based on big yellow squares that dont quite match up to the image once switched back to normal view.

Anyhow...thanks again...I never knew anything about key binds before this, and now I feel like I have a good grip on it...lots to learn, but a good base. Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 69
01-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
Interesting layout. I noticed the power silders, do you find yourself using them more often then if you just locked in some settings?
I don't manually adjust each slider. I have my presets bound to F9 - F12, respectively. That was one of the first things (along with Teammate targeting) that I did through Options:Keybinds menu; so I've been adjusting power levels the entire game.

I've started playing with a way to set each slider incrementally. Hopefully, I'll be able to adjust each one with minute precision so I can make those 123 power levels ... 125s. I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Hutchins
Thank you....I was really hoping to have trays 4-10 have the mini labels as well. I only wrote the bind file for trays 4-10, so 1-3 still have them. I just thought with so many options it would be nice to have that little reminder there.

The /GenJailUnlock bind is great....much easier to rearrange that way then with the options menu method....wonder why they dont make it the standard. It doesnt make sense to rearrange binds based on big yellow squares that dont quite match up to the image once switched back to normal view.

Anyhow...thanks again...I never knew anything about key binds before this, and now I feel like I have a good grip on it...lots to learn, but a good base. Thanks
Yeah it might be nice to see, but fairly impractical. You'd only be able to see 3 rows at any given time. If you notice, my power tray displays my captain powers and the sundries like devices and batteries and such. This setup allows me to: 1) track of my cooldowns; 2) track my BO cooldowns through the brigdgecrew tray and 3) monitor my weapons.

The "Power Tray Layout" document lets me maintain all powers relative to the BO. I maintain a distinct keyboard mapping for powers so my keyboard activation sequences remain the same. (You should see the notes scribbled and paper taped to keys. ) If I change something, the new power is in the old power's location which makes it extremely easy to make changes to the multiple bind files I maintain for each toon. I can switch out any given BO at any time. I merely load a file Z#####.txt (Z=Zed; #= first letter of BO name) and have a new setup. This lets me change things up in PvP quickly; so, you'll wonder where that Tyken's Rift is coming from. :p

Thank you for the kind words. If I make you a better player ... I have to get that much better to stay ahead.
Lt. Commander
# 70
01-16-2011, 05:04 PM
I am interested in binding my self destruct power to all of my keys, how would I go about doing this?