Lt. Commander
# 21
01-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
Here's the comment in question by Molly, if you want to read it:
Molly's commentary about Gowron
And what name is she calling the Breen?
She's talking about how, in the closing days of the Dominion War, Gowron was sending ships far behind enemy lines to strike against the Breen. It was a massacre for the Klingons because they were outnumbered and outgunned. It was this perception that Gowron was basically sacrificing Klingon officers for political gain (because the brave assaults made him look good, basically), that led to Worf killing him and naming Martok the Chancellor. Molly is telling you that basically, maybe Gowron wasn't being a complete idiot after all.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Incidentally, pujwI' means "Weakling" in tlhIngan Hol.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Ah, I see, it was past tense.

I still don't think it was a good idea, considering the lack of sound strategy and kamikaze intentions Gowron was employing to make Martok look bad.

Maybe that's one area where mission dialogues could use tweaking, why would Molly use an Klingon insult and not one from her native language?

That's right up there with her talking about disruptors and torpedos when the I.K.S. Krogan has neither of those weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Quote:
I still don't think it was a good idea, considering the lack of sound strategy and kamikaze intentions Gowron was employing to make Martok look bad.
Of course it wasn't a good idea. That's why he got stabbed.

Quote:
Maybe that's one area where mission dialogues could use tweaking, why would Molly use an Klingon insult and not one from her native language?
When you're playing a KDF character, you will get Klingon dialogues - and Klingon storyline missions. I agree it would be fun to "tweak" BO talk to have a Gorn, Orion or Nausicaan twist, but this would require a lot of work I sadly do not see the developers to invest.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Ah, I see, it was past tense.

That's right up there with her talking about disruptors and torpedos when the I.K.S. Krogan has neither of those weapons.
QI'yaH!!! Your are soldiers of the Empire and you shall speak thlIngan Hol! Do not question me! Do it NAUGGHHH!!!! XD