Lt. Commander
# 11 Thanks for the Welcome
01-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Cheers all for the kind words.

As menetioned jn another thread I upgraded to the full version and off defending systems from the orions!

There looks like theres loads to do and see. How would you guys compare the game from a year ago and where do you see it in a years time?

Its really refreshing to play when i feel like and not because I have to do X,Y and Z to keep up.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Ian
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-18-2011, 06:07 PM
The game has come a long way since retail hit (and especially since beta!). Quite a bit has changed and for the better. I feel that the game will continue to evolve and grow. Since the change of executive producers mid last year to dstahl the game has made great strides.

It's really a game you can immerse yourself into if you let it. =)
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-18-2011, 06:12 PM
First off, welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhut
There looks like theres loads to do and see. How would you guys compare the game from a year ago and where do you see it in a years time?
Since the game went live (I've been playing since 1 week after it got released), the devs have actually added a lot of content. Unfortunatly a lot of that content is in the c-store, so you have to pay extra for it.....Most of that stuff is fluff, though, and you really don't have to buy it to play all content. The seasons (we are currently on season 3) have added alot of new PvE stuff for both the feds and the klinks in the form of Featured Episodes, 4(?) Special Task Force missions, new PvE missions (Klink side mostly) and some new sectors (Deferi space and the sector off of Gamma Orionas).

Also, there are the Federation Diplomatic Corps (FDC). I personally haven't played much of those missions, so I really cant speak to the content of those missions.

In a year......check out the engineering reports in the forums, that explains pretty much what the devs are working on.

Again, welcome aboard, and have fun
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitron72003 View Post
I did not realize this but I was wandering about this. I am LC4. Can I still change if I hadnt done so?
Thanks
Trit
Yeah they stack, so once you've earned them , they are there untill you use them. You'll need to visit a skill trainer, there is one in the center of earth space dock.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-18-2011, 10:54 PM
IF you're looking into not gimping yourself, a read into the basics of the skillpoint allocation system would be wise. Link in my sig.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Welcome mate. I am brand new as well. I think you'll enjoy the game. My first impressions are very good. But and i could be wrong the main thing i have noticed is the maturity of the playing community and that was one of the reasons for playing this. No little kids with mum/dads credit cards running around abusing and flaming everyone like my last game.

Plus the trekkie community as a whole is pretty good anyway.