Lt. Commander
# 1 Hi and Greetings
01-18-2011, 09:49 PM
just wanted to say hello to all and introduce myself , i have been a fan of star trek and being the age i am i can remember the old spock and kirk days lol. anyway i was very hesitant to get on board with this game as i had read the reviews when it came out and was not impressed with the then reviews . however i finally took the plunge and im happy to say i am truly enjoying it .. i do feel that the reviewers were a little harsh on the game as i feel that the graphics are excellent as far as the space flight and combat go .. the away team missions .. well need some more tweaking would like to see something along the lines of mass effect planetary fighting but im sure the devs from what i have read are committed to improving and dedicated which is why i also came aboard . One thing i would like to see *dont hate me* lol is during ship battles i think just respawning is too easy i think your starship if destroyed should suffer a penalty and re spawn at a space port for repairs or have to have their wreckage towed back to a star base. just to me feels too arcady and too easy to know that the worst that can happen is poof you respawn in a few seconds.. i do enjoy the missions and think they are very well layed out the special effects are awesome .. could be tweaked more for away team action i think the enemy ai could have some more work as they seem to be suicidal at times anyway im not here to bash the game - i truly love playing and look forward to the tuesday nights and weekends (with wifes permission lol) that i play .. all in all a good job by the devs i look forward to other things they implement into the game i have already gotten one of my friends to start playing and another one trying the demo anyway just wanted to say hi to all and peace to everyone and not sure if the devs read these post or not but if you do ..awesome job !
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Hi.

Didn't read....wall of text...but Hi anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2011, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droosp View Post
I just wanted to say hello to all and introduce myself.

I have been a fan of Star Trek and being the age that I am I can remember the old Spock and Kirk days lol. Anyway I was very hesitant to get on board with this game as I had read the reviews when it came out and was not impressed with the reviews at launch. However I finally took the plunge and I'm happy to say I am truly enjoying it...

I do feel that the reviewers were a little harsh on the game as i feel that the graphics are excellent as far as the space flight and combat go... the away team missions... they will need some more tweaking. I would like to see something along the lines of mass effect planetary fighting but I'm sure the devs, from what i have read, are committed to improving and dedicated which is why I also came aboard.

One thing I would like to see *dont hate me* lol is during ship battles i think just respawning is too easy. I think that your starship if destroyed should suffer a penalty and re-spawn at a space port for repairs or have to have your ship wreckage towed back to a star base. To me it feels too arcade-y and too easy to know that the worst that can happen is *poof* and you respawn in a few seconds..

I do enjoy the missions and think they are very well layed out and the special effects are awesome... could be tweaked more for away team action. I think the enemy AI could have some more work as they seem to be suicidal at times. Anyway I'm not here to bash the game - I truly love playing and look forward to the Tuesday nights and weekends (with wifes permission lol) that I play!... All in all a good job by the devs; I look forward to other things they implement into the game. I have already gotten one of my friends to start playing and another one to try the demo

Anyway I just wanted to say hi to all and peace to everyone and not sure if the devs read these post or not but if you do.. awesome job!
That took 20 minutes to correct.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2011, 02:58 AM
hi and welcome. hope you have fun.

please remember to break posts into paragraphs otherwise its hard to read on the internet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2011, 06:20 AM
oops sorry kind of new to forums and such... point taken
Lt. Commander
# 6 Meh.....
01-19-2011, 06:30 AM
Don't listen to the school marm, thar iz nuthng rong wit yor speling

Welcome Drool...................Drolz? Dave? Jim?...no wait Ill get it in a sec..............Gator McKlusky?

Anyhoo, welcome to the Ragnor house of 10 Forward...we have all of your pillage and raiding needs right here under one roof......because at Turban outfitters...........every head............needs to scream style.

Honk yer horn and flash yer high beams in game and I'll help with what ever you need......just don't mind the psycho midget cat/dog thing that follows me to the klingon Starboks for coffee.

And oh yea......don't buy anything from a Ferengi...........it might not be brand name and have no warrenty.

Welcome..............to the dysfunction..........to Ten Forward.......

Someone tell em about the chat channel!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-19-2011, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droosp View Post
oops sorry kind of new to forums and such... point taken
thats cool, dont worry we are all new at some point.