Lt. Commander
# 11
01-19-2011, 03:46 PM
aww and I was hoping for a c-store sale, still its tempting.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Do those who paid the original price get anything in compensation? I mean it's a bit harsh paying for a lifetime subscription before the game even got up and running for a higher cost, when those who come in and get the benefits of our dedication get it at a discount price.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
To celebrate the launch of Champions Online: Free for All and the one year anniversary of Star Trek Online, we’ll be discounting the price of Lifetime Subscriptions for both games by 20%! The sale starts January 25 at 6 a.m. Pacific and ends February 4 at 10 a.m. Pacific. This means players will be able to purchase a Lifetime Subscription to Champions Online: Free for All or Star Trek Online for just $239.99!

Link to the news article.
Great Deal! but $239.99 for US Currency? But what about Canadian Currency?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-19-2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
Do those who paid the original price get anything in compensation? I mean it's a bit harsh paying for a lifetime subscription before the game even got up and running for a higher cost, when those who come in and get the benefits of our dedication get it at a discount price.
Your compensation is that you got to play the game sooner.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-19-2011, 03:53 PM
*facepalm*

I literally signed up for one last night. Any chance you guys could be super maxtastic and let me have the sale price?
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-19-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm surprised, but pleased, that the lifetime subs are going on sale. I bought mine before the game officially launched for the same price ($240), and I've always felt that the $300 price post-launch was a bit much. I hope that this sale will get some people who have been sitting on the fence about buying one to purchase it.

(I'm just glad I bought mine a year ago, heh. Those two extra character slots are pretty nice. )
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Crap. Definitely want to go Lifetime, but can't afford to until March.

Fie!
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdo_cassius View Post
Your compensation is that you got to play the game sooner.
That was for pre-order or beta testing right? Not for lifetime subscription. I think we got to be a borg.

Aaik everything lifetime subscribers who get it at a cheaper rate will have everything those who subscribed right at the beginning of the game will get. Kind of funny celebrating a year in the game by turning your nose up at those who've been with you from the start and making it cheaper for those who haven't.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-19-2011, 04:02 PM
I will get a lifetime sub at the 25th. I also have a lifetime account in CO and have been debating on getting STO lifetime for 2 weeks now (I also bought a hard copy on amazon STO collectors edition which I haven't opened). Now I can stop playing tutorial in STO and see what all the fuss is about.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
That was for pre-order or beta testing right? Not for lifetime subscription. I think we got the borg drone..which can be brought now right?

Afaik everything lifetime subscribers who get it at a cheaper rate will have everything those who subscribed right at the beginning of the game will get. Kind of funny celebrating a year in the game by turning your nose up at those who've been with you from the start and making it cheaper for those who haven't.
The lifetime before launch was the current sale price. After launch, it was the full 300 (US $). No nose turning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell-KV4S
Dang, and i just purchased Lifetime last month after paying a subscription since march. Having some buyers remorse

Oh Well, STO FTW! great job guys hopefully we'll get some more players!
For real! I didn't get one pre launch because I didn't have the money, then hemmed and hawed, but eventually bought it because of CO going F2P (and more importantly, the possibility of STO doing the same).
Closed Thread