Lt. Commander
# 51
01-19-2011, 06:36 PM
My question to getting the lifetime is do you still get the 100/200/300 and soon 400 day vet. rewards?
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
No, we can't do that right now. Although DStahl would like to be able to do something along these lines later on down the road.

Thanks,

Stormshade
thats a shame, i have read or heard him say something like that but there has been talk about so much that you just dont know whats going on anymore. i would love for this to happen because changing my human to borg without losing my yr worth of work is ideal and would purchase in a heart beat, but starting over the thought is making me ill. do you know if there is going to be an extra perk for buying lifetime other then price because the captains table is no longer exclusive.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-19-2011, 06:41 PM
The sale price was the Pre Launch LTS Investor price. I know I paid it! Lucky for you guys cause they said this would be a one time prelaunch price, but we know how that goes!
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-19-2011, 06:43 PM
girl quit that hating lol
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-19-2011, 06:46 PM
I think this LTS subscription is still pretty high since DC Universe Online is only 199.99 for a LTS?
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanicUser
I agree but it still is a bit to expensive. Had they made it $199.00..... THen maybe I could afford it but I mean 60.00 less? Thats not that much. I'd rather see it as 199 or 139 would be nice
Yes, this is the perfect price point. I'm sure many others would buy it if it was 199.00
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanicUser
I agree but it still is a bit to expensive. Had they made it $199.00..... THen maybe I could afford it but I mean 60.00 less? Thats not that much. I'd rather see it as 199 or 139 would be nice
I don't mean to be rude, so please understand the following is me simply stating the truth.

I don't think you'll ever see the LTS for STO drop below this price ($239.99 USD).

There's a part of me that would love to eat those words. There's another part of that believes quite strongly that those who pre-ordered the Lifetime Subscription before many even had a chance to play the game in beta deserve to never see that price lower than they paid.

There's another part of me that thinks $299.99 for a lifetime subscription to an MMO, which could provide decades worth of entertainment is an absolutely amazing deal. (And yes, there are some predecessors to the now common "MMO" which are quite good, and have been around for decades. Some of you might remember Gemstone from the old 1200 baud modem days. Heck, I almost wish I could of bought a LTS for EQ!)

I understand that even at this reduced price, a Lifetime Subscription is prohibitively expensive for some. I also firmly believe that this is an absolutely incredible value for your entertainment dollars. In the end, it's up to you whether or not this purchase is worth the price.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-19-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm personally a little miffed by this promotion.

Rationally, I understand that it'll increase the active playerbase of the game. It'll draw in interested customers. That's good - it means I'll have more people to play with.

However, with this, well... it signifies that having been a founding subscriber pretty much holds no more perks at all. It might've been more advantageous to hold off on buying the game for a year and then buy everything at its present much reduced price, with the game presently offering more features - save perhaps for the subscribed days-based veteran rewards.

Being miffed by it may be a bit petty, but it's still how I feel about it. Though, at the roots, this has more to do with me griping about marketing decisions for the game... and that's nothing the community representatives or the Devs can really do zilch about so it'd be silly to hold it against them. *sigh*

I really do look forward to more of the stuff that's to come for the anniversary, though.
..and the sexy PC Gamer open jacket. XD

edit: oh, I am so glad Stormshade can relate.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-19-2011, 06:57 PM
I think they should offer a bigger discount for those of us with the 12 month recurring subscription. We all ready put in $119.99.
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
I'm personally a little miffed by this promotion.

Rationally, I understand that it'll increase the active playerbase of the game. It'll draw in interested customers. That's good - it means I'll have more people to play with.

However, with this, well... it signifies that having been a founding subscriber pretty much holds no more perks at all. It might've been more advantageous to hold off on buying the game for a year and then buy everything at its present much reduced price, with the game presently offering more features - save perhaps for the subscribed days-based veteran rewards.

Being miffed by it may be a bit petty, but it's still how I feel about it. Though, at the roots, this has more to do with me griping about marketing decisions for the game... and that's nothing the community representatives or the Devs can really do zilch about so it'd be silly to hold it against them. *sigh*

I really do look forward to more of the stuff that's to come for the anniversary, though.
..and the sexy PC Gamer open jacket. XD

edit: oh, I am so glad Stormshade can relate.
Well spoken ... my sentiments exactly
Closed Thread