Lt. Commander
# 101
01-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
^This. You hit the nail on the head
Second this too. I'm a casual player with one toon maxed out and the second toon at LC rank. So im not a hardcore mmo player so this is perfect for me. Annnd i dont have to think of playing every month to get my moneys worth hehehe
Lt. Commander
# 102
01-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfire25 View Post
Yup I jumped on the band wagon and went through the crap everybody went throug at the very start. I STILL think its worth it! Cause first its Star Trek, and second the devs are tight with the community here and you dont get a lot of that in the gaming industry. Thats worth the $$$ im paying for. So no regrets here. AND after the second year, i play for freeeeeee. But some perks for us oldies LTS would be nice tho hehe. Just sayin.
If they want to make life subs worth really getting ... a no brainer then sweeten the pot a bit...
like 20% off everything in the C store every day for life sub's so when c store items go on sale for 20% off for everyone life sub' get that plus their own 20% off.
rewards for life subs weapons, items, abilities .. something that you can't buy , trade , loot drops, or craft that helps your toon or ship. nothing to over powerfull..
Like the aegis set should have been a life sub's item. or a galaxy or sov class that has complete universal bridge slots.
example 200 day life sub reward sov / galaxy / nebula/ vorch/ negvar, all universal bridge slots..
300 day life sub reward aegis set...
things like that would even make me think a life sub would be worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 103
01-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Anyone who's read any of my posts knows that a Cryptic fanboy I am not. In fact, I've been very critical of Cryptic and STO since before launch, and it's unlikely that that will change any time soon.

I still think that the $240 that I paid for my lifetime subscription is a good deal.

I look at it this way: If I was paying monthly sub for STO now I'd be pretty mad about it. I'd have canceled by subscription a long time ago. But because I have a lifetime subscription I don't have to worry about it.

STO isn't as good as I want it to be now? No worries. I'm not paying a subscription so there's no pressure for me to play now. I can go play another game for a few weeks, or months or years even, because STO will always be here for me. I'll never have to go through the effort of signing back up, looking for the DvD so I can reinstall the game. None of that.

Expensive? Just for example let's say I play STO for 4 years. That's how long I was subscribed to my last MMO. 48 months times $15 a month = $720. Boy that $240 is looking a lot better than that!

Stop getting mad at Atari/Cryptic because the lifetime sub went on sale a day after you bought one or you still can't afford it or whatever. Atari/Cryptic doesn't know you and they didn't set things up this way just to grief you. And they never promised that this price or that thingy or the other perk would be exclusive to you forever and ever.

MMOs are not food or shelter, they are luxury items. If you can't afford a luxury item then save up your money, get a better job or go without. Try going to a BMW dealer and complain that they should lower their prices because you can't afford one. What exactly do you think the response will be?

Oh and thanks for the link Grand Nagus, that should provide hours of entertainment before it gets locked.
Lt. Commander
# 104
01-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Anyone who's read any of my posts knows that a Cryptic fanboy I am not. In fact, I've been very critical of Cryptic and STO since before launch, and it's unlikely that that will change any time soon.

I still think that the $240 that I paid for my lifetime subscription is a good deal.

I look at it this way: If I was paying monthly sub for STO now I'd be pretty mad about it. I'd have canceled by subscription a long time ago. But because I have a lifetime subscription I don't have to worry about it.

STO isn't as good as I want it to be now? No worries. I'm not paying a subscription so there's no pressure for me to play now. I can go play another game for a few weeks, or months or years even, because STO will always be here for me. I'll never have to go through the effort of signing back up, looking for the DvD so I can reinstall the game. None of that.

Expensive? Just for example let's say I play STO for 4 years. That's how long I was subscribed to my last MMO. 48 months times $15 a month = $720. Boy that $240 is looking a lot better than that!

Stop getting mad at Atari/Cryptic because the lifetime sub went on sale a day after you bought one or you still can't afford it or whatever. Atari/Cryptic doesn't know you and they didn't set things up this way just to grief you. And they never promised that this price or that thingy or the other perk would be exclusive to you forever and ever.

MMOs are not food or shelter, they are luxury items. If you can't afford a luxury item then save up your money, get a better job or go without. Try going to a BMW dealer and complain that they should lower their prices because you can't afford one. What exactly do you think the response will be?

Oh and thanks for the link Grand Nagus, that should provide hours of entertainment before it gets locked.
^^what he/she said
Lt. Commander
# 105
01-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post

Very well said!
Lt. Commander
# 106
01-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinosOne
Think of it this way, your lifetime subscription is more valuable if you bought it during Beta. You got an extra year of play out of that subscription that a new lifer will never get.
Thank you MinosOne,you are 100% right. I am lucky that I was able to purchase my lifetime subscription during the beta of the game. The game has really improved over the past year and I can not wait to see what the next year(s) have in store for us (Romulans? Cardassians? Ferengi traders?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanicUser
I agree but it still is a bit to expensive. Had they made it $199.00..... THen maybe I could afford it but I mean 60.00 less? Thats not that much. I'd rather see it as 199 or 139 would be nice.
Actually $60.00 less is a big deal. Thats a 20% discount. It just goes to show you that no matter what companies offer, there are always people who are never happy.

Thank you Sir_James_of_Cadiz. I agree with you completely.

Brolarter, for someone who claims that they are just trying to help people look before they jump, you are really going out of your way to trash the game. Now as for your idea, it's not right to give one type of subscriber base something that would make them more powerful than the rest. Now I can see us getting a ship class/costume, or maybe even special content that only we can play. As long as it does not make us any bit stronger than anyone else can be I'm all for it

Finally, well said Peregrine_Falcon. Well said.

Thank you Cryptic for the first year of Star Trek Online. I am looking forward to what you have planned for us in the future.

Kirk: Scotty, what's left?
Scotty: just the batteries sir. I can have auxilary power in a few minutes.
Kirk: We don't have a few minutes! Can you give me phaser power?
Scotty: A few shots sir.
Spock: Not enough against their shields
Kirk: Who in the hell are they?
Uhura: Admiral, the commander of the Reliant is signaling. He wishes to discuss terms of our surrender.
Lt. Commander
# 107
01-19-2011, 09:41 PM
I knew this would happen. I bought my LTM in November, but the more I think about it, if you do the math, and had I waited, it would only amount to a $15 dollar savings, so it's not too bad.
Lt. Commander
# 108
01-19-2011, 10:12 PM
my one year subscription will be up soon and I was going to leave the game to wait for the
Romulan to become playable then come back to STO but with this sale I just might stay.
Lt. Commander
# 109
01-19-2011, 10:33 PM
If i had the $, I think id do it, but sadly you caught me at the wrong time of year cryptic... no extra $ here... you guys should do a summer sale. I'd luv to get lifetime, but 300$ is a bit high. 240 is better... if i had the $ on me
Lt. Commander
# 110
01-19-2011, 10:45 PM
i payed to get into closed beta and have been paying to this very day. Why because it's STAR TREK !!! the only other thing is theres not enough items in store plz work on this so i can have a shoping spree
Closed Thread