Lt. Commander
In return, I'll pay you in cookies or bedtime stories.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Y'know, I was one of the folks that yelled for that the loudest. It'was one of those instances where I absolutely saw that the devs saw what I (maybe) wrote in this forum and implimented it quickly.

It really looked great and gave the ships a grand scale while adding wonderfaul ambiance to ESD (though they should do it at all ports).

But, then it disappeared, I didn't see why, but one day, just poof. Lag maybe. I know it's a constant consideration in this game. Graphic top heavy i think.

I'm hoping they will bring them back in the next version of ESD, but who knows.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryhausen
Y'know, I was one of the folks that yelled for that the loudest. It'was one of those instances where I absolutely saw that the devs saw what I (maybe) wrote in this forum and implimented it quickly.

It really looked great and gave the ships a grand scale while adding wonderfaul ambiance to ESD (though they should do it at all ports).

But, then it disappeared, I didn't see why, but one day, just poof. Lag maybe. I know it's a constant consideration in this game. Graphic top heavy i think.

I'm hoping they will bring them back in the next version of ESD, but who knows.
It was nice to have something out there, but in my opinion, the model quality wasn't really that good. I suspect they removed them for that reason. Also, with the new (or is it old?) ESD coming, we'll most likely see ships docked inside the station, probably integrated as part of the artwork, negating the need for the original ships.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-18-2011, 12:53 PM
This would be nice. There are a lot of things I'd like to see first (which I won't mention to avoid a thread hijack) but any kind of "living" scenery when looking outside of windows, whether on ESD or your ship, would be nice. Even something as simple as streaking stars would be a plus.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
any kind of "living" scenery when looking outside of windows, whether on ESD or your ship, would be nice. Even something as simple as streaking stars would be a plus.
I hear you on that too, bro. I would love to have a functioning viewscreen on my bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkos
Also, with the new (or is it old?) ESD coming, we'll most likely see ships docked inside the station, probably integrated as part of the artwork, negating the need for the original ships.
Makes perfect sense.

They should still add a few around other ports though. Outside DS9 windows comes to mind. Not sure where the windows are in K7 or SB39, don't remember seeing any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telaura
I hear you on that too, bro. I would love to have a functioning viewscreen on my bridge.
I third that one!
I have been begging for that since launch.

Anything to liven up that screen. They can keep putting off more functionality, just make the screen do something. Run seamless loops. Make it correlate to what's going on outside if you can. Change it to show warp speed, impulse, dead stop. In a nebula, a cluster, SS. Layer the graphics in slowly if need be.

Maybe a couple of blinky/clickys on the Captain's chair, or a BO station that will toggle the screen. Maybe put headsup stats up there showing ship capability. Change em on the fly when I swap consoles. Make the game connect all these cool, nerdy numbers graphically.

On the screen, like Trek.