Lt. Commander
# 1 Liberated Borg
01-19-2011, 11:43 AM
I hope I'm not the only one with this concern. Why is it that liberated borg can only be human or klingon? Surely the Borg have been interested in other races as well, as we've seen in canon.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm sure we will see romulan liberated borg too :p (in 6-15 Months?)
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Gah, this is probably for a similar reason as to why there are still no Benzite Bridge Officers...*cough*.

On the topic though, I do wonder if it would be possible for them to have say, all the current Starfleet playable species and the KDF species as 'liberated borg'. I realise that would mean some tweaking, but it's pretty much just replacing some talents and letting the species have access to borg-textures.

More to the point though, then would it be possible to change our current species into a said liberated borg, if it was made avaialable to all of us lifers? I for one would love to have my Andorian be as such. Humans are meh eh.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Yes, it ain't easy being blue. The antennae only pick up political talk radio, oncoming traffic can't see you against a clear sky, and now we're not good enough for the Borg to assimilate!?

Seriously, though, there's something to this. I've had a lifetime subscription since day one, and I haven't a single liberated Borg character in use. Not that I haven't any human characters... it's just that by now I have quite enough of them. Aliens are just inherently more interesting, and a metal eyebrow and a catsuit just don't cut it... anymore once puberty's worn off.

Wouldn't count on race changes though. Maybe eventually as a C-store deal, but I have to believe that if that was easy to do they'd already be selling us those.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2011, 09:59 PM
I actually heard a dev (It may have been DStahl, I don't remember) talking about wanting the option to re-species our characters via the C-Store (of course) so this would be the only way I see it being possible, unless they take my "First officer becoming captain through player's character becoming assimilated" idea, but it's unlikely.