Lt. Commander
# 11
01-18-2011, 01:58 AM
There are no less than four, 1 - 2 hour plus, STF missions as end game content. There are Borg and Aegis sets available to prompt you to craft or PVE. There are MKX1 space and ground equipment to obtain. There is end game content.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-18-2011, 05:46 AM
The endgame of MMOs is PvP. Endless new content, every day.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-18-2011, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
The endgame of MMOs is PvP. Endless new content, every day.
True statement.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denare View Post
Ahh, yes. I guess it's time for this debate again.
Back when the game first came out, some diehard fans made it to rear admiral 5 inside of a week.
And there was "no content"

... wait a minute, they got all the way to RA5, and there was no content?

You need to understand that end game content is absolutely useless.
When you are leveling towards the final rank, there is a reason to get upgrades and the best items possible. You want to have the best chance of survival.
At the end of the game, it's a useless cycle of grabbing the next best thing, only for it to suck once more new end game content comes out ... only to find out that it also sucks as soon as more content comes out.
Remember the WoW mantra in cases like this "Greens are the new purples"
I like this man. He knows what's going on. I agree that there was a lot of content. I only played through because I wanted to get to the next mission and see the next story. The rank was just a nice little side-dish, for me at least. There should never be an "end game" for STO. The Star Trek universe is ever expanding and that's one reason why I love it so much. It's constantly been changing and has been that way since 1966.

I think the whole thing with content is that people aren't content with reaching the top and finding there's nothing there until Cryptic puts it there, so they get impatient. I'm cool with the pace, though it could be quicker. I always seem to find something else to occupy my time (particularly outside of STO lol). Really, the put-out rate of content can be compared to the release of episodes in a series of ST, or any other TV show for that matter. You get a few during a season then you have to wait for them to make the next season. When that season comes, you want it as fast as you can get it and can't wait for the next episode (if it's a series you particularly enjoy). But if it doesn't come fast enough, people get mad, and "fast enough" can mean many different things for many different people.

I say, be happy they're putting out content at all. Anybody else played The Sims Online? No content or bug fixes for three years, and by then it was dead. So be glad Cryptic gives a damn.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-20-2011, 05:23 AM
I'm now confident enough in the game and Cryptic to get the lifetime subscription. Despite some flaws in how missions are designed, once you find a good fleet this can be a fun game and Season 4 on top of Foundry will keep us busy for the rest of 2011 for sure.