Lt. Commander
# 1 Advice for a returning player?
01-20-2011, 05:23 AM
Does anyone have some helpful advice and info for a returning beta/launch player?

I player open beta last year and a little into the first month but there was too little to hold me in the game in the state it was back in 2010. I gather a lots changed so I wondered if anyone would give me some pointers and hints as to what to look out for.

And should I carry on my original Lt. or start afresh?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2011, 06:04 AM
If you have a Lt. then that's perfect to continue with. The only advice I can offer at the moment is to the featured series. One series comes from Ambassador Surah and the other comes from Franklin Drake.

You might also want to check out some sto guides and sto walkthroughs if needed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2011, 06:25 AM
If you are just a Lt and haven't played in a year, I'd suggest you start fresh. If only to play through the new tutorial and reacquaint yourself with the game. You'll regain that rank back quickly.

Welcome back!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2011, 06:42 AM
I'm leaning towards a restart tbh, just to get that "game is it is now" feeling.

I've been hearing about Episodes - what are they ? Are they just missions and how do you get to play them ?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-20-2011, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrStrangeLug
I'm leaning towards a restart tbh, just to get that "game is it is now" feeling.

I've been hearing about Episodes - what are they ? Are they just missions and how do you get to play them ?
http://www.startrekonline.com/feature_episodes