Lt. Commander
# 151
01-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
Ah great, I just bought an LTS for my gurlfriend a week ago and now they announce a 20% drup of price for 25th ... thanks. :p
Talk with Cryptic they should do somthing for you, I know in the past when I had somthing come up like this I talk with them and they took care of me...

Give it a try you have nothing to lose...
Lt. Commander
# 152
01-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
I think they should offer a bigger discount for those of us with the 12 month recurring subscription. We all ready put in $119.99.
119$ ... , plus a ship or three , plus the game at full retail price , I'd say that the lifers from the beginning got the better deal overall ... , which is why a 30-35% "sale" would have been nicer .
I still don't know if I can go for the current sale price .
Lt. Commander
# 153
01-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
You couldnt be more wrong if you tried. If you actually look at how Champs system works, MOST of the content is available to free players. However, key elements which people may want are not. In addition, monthly subscribers get a free amount of Cryptic points every month to spend in the store.

Though we cant say exactly how it would work with STO, it would likely be very similar to Champs. Free players would get access to most content, but probably wouldnt have as many uniform and ship options, and probably wouldnt be able to create missions in the Foundry.

Either way you cut it, your statement I highlighted above is most definitely wrong.
If that's the case, then being a subscriber doesn't have enough perks to justify the cost. STO also isn't the average MMO. We haven't paid any extra for the added content Cryptic provides us. If STO went F2P, there clearly wouldn't be enough revenue from the C-Store to support the game.
Lt. Commander
# 154
01-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
If that's the case, then being a subscriber doesn't have enough perks to justify the cost.
Thats a decision each person will have to make for themselves. However, after Champs announced it was going F2P, players REQUESTED they bring back the LT sub option and many people have bought it since then. Apparently those people disagree with you.

Quote:
STO also isn't the average MMO. We haven't paid any extra for the added content Cryptic provides us.
Of course we havent. Everything we have gotten since launch is only catching up to where the game should have been upon release. We're not talking about expansions here, we're talking about basic gameplay that should have existed at launch but didnt.

Quote:
If STO went F2P, there clearly wouldn't be enough revenue from the C-Store to support the game.
See my first paragraph. Other people obviously disagree about there not being enough perks to subscribe, and those subscriptions will still be generating revenue in a F2P hybrid model.

Further proof of my point can be seein in LOTRO. I would say that 85% of the gameplay is available to free players, yet they have TRIPLED their revenue since going F2P:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/01...nce-going-f2p/
Lt. Commander
# 155
01-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Responding to a question about converting a current character, to a liberated Borg after one purchases a
lifetime subscription:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
No, we can't do that right now. Although DStahl would like to be able to do something along these lines later on down the road.

Thanks,

Stormshade
I'm happy to hear this! I'd love my primary toon to get assimilated, then liberated
Lt. Commander
# 156
01-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondaddyd View Post
The US bias in this game astonishes me. Couldn't they have put the discounted price in (UK Pounds) and Euro's?

Not all of us who play this game live in America and some of us who don't live in America would still consider buying a life time subscription.

Now if the cost in pounds is accurate to the exchange rate then that's 150, which is roughly ($240) which I'll likely pay.

If it is 20% off the existing price, which is currently 200, then the discounted UK price is 180. While a dscount is a discount I'm not playing that. Saving only 20 just doesn't seem worth it.

I would really appreciate it if a Mod or Dev or someone offical could confirm.

Thanks.
We're a US based company. So, please understand that this isn't meant as an afterthought. What happened is this sale was approved, and as soon as it was we posted the messaging to let you all know it was coming. Now that we've had a little more time to make sure everything looks correct, we have the amounts for the other currencies we accept:

CAD: 247.19
GBP: 153.99
EUR: 174.99
DKK: 1300

Please note that these prices do not include any taxes (such as the VAT) that we are required by law to charge in addition to the price we've set.

I'll update the OP to reflect those prices.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 157
01-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We're a US based company. So, please understand that this isn't meant as an afterthought. What happened is this sale was approved, and as soon as it was we posted the messaging to let you all know it was coming. Now that we've had a little more time to make sure everything looks correct, we have the amounts for the other currencies we accept:

CAD: 247.19
GBP: 153.99
EUR: 174.99
DKK: 1300

Please note that these prices do not include any taxes (such as the VAT) that we are required by law to charge in addition to the price we've set.

I'll update the OP to reflect those prices.

Thanks,

Stormshade
So nice to see that your American company still hasn't realized our Canuck Buck is worth more than your Yankee Dollar.
Lt. Commander
# 158
01-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
So nice to see that your American company still hasn't realized our Canuck Buck is worth more than your Yankee Dollar.
Actually, the two are very near parity right now. With 1 USD being about 1.002 canadian. Then again that's google, another American company who prolly hasn't realized either.
Lt. Commander
# 159
01-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Actually from what I can tell, the Canadian/American exchange rate is nearly identical with a difference of less that 1%. I suspect the $7 difference is a result of the fact that most financial institutions won't exchange currencies for free.
Lt. Commander
# 160
01-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell-KV4S
Dang, and i just purchased Lifetime last month after paying a subscription since march. Having some buyers remorse

Oh Well, STO FTW! great job guys hopefully we'll get some more players!

Could be worse..... you could have bought it yesterday.

After weeks of debate, you finally decide to make the commitment and purchase the Lifetime Subscription......

.... 3 hours later.......

Lifetime Subs 20% off!!!

..... 1 minute after you find out......

DOH!
Closed Thread