Lt. Commander
# 161
01-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendragoon View Post
Actually from what I can tell, the Canadian/American exchange rate is nearly identical with a difference of less that 1%. I suspect the $7 difference is a result of the fact that most financial institutions won't exchange currencies for free.
Then I would really like the option to pay in US funds. My financial institution doesn't charge me any fees on paying in foreign currencies.
Lt. Commander
# 162
01-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhianna_Redmoon

Could be worse..... you could have bought it yesterday.

After weeks of debate, you finally decide to make the commitment and purchase the Lifetime Subscription......

.... 3 hours later.......

Lifetime Subs 20% off!!!

..... 1 minute after you find out......

DOH!
Try calling customer service with both. They may be helpful. I don't know personally, but that may be something they can help with.
Lt. Commander
# 163
01-20-2011, 12:57 PM
If I had the spare cash I would pick up a second lifetime account, for my girlfriend's son. He has been playing playing a trial account and loves it, and he has only seen one episode of Enterprise (Broken Arrow pt 1) and the Abrams film.
Lt. Commander
# 164
01-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
from what i understand - lifers for CO get a monthly Cstore allowance as well as full access to content.

whereas FTP players get no Cstore allowance and limited access...

this is from what i have read, and not a direct quote from anyone.
And I plan on using my C-store allowance to purchase STO items, heh
Lt. Commander
# 165
01-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Sadly there was a dev post on the CO forums saying that the points gained from the stipend were going to be game specific, meaning the points you are given in CO can only be used in CO. Points that you buy normally can be used in both games though. I'll see if I can dig up that post.

Edit: Found them.

http://forums.champions-online.com/s...60&postcount=2

http://forums.champions-online.com/s...24&postcount=4
Lt. Commander
# 166
01-20-2011, 01:10 PM
gonna do it if its back at 299.99 when taxes return, now why would anybody buy a lifetime to a game that is F2P? does the lifetime for champions mean new content will still come out for it? do you get better stuff that in 1-2 months the F2P players can cp purchase outa the CS?

I gotta tell you the pre orders that are now in the CS for STO kinda sucks, why did anybody pony extra dough just to have it CS purchasable 1-6 months later? That is the only thing that makes my head spin on this game.

I play SWG and no rewards are later purchasable from sony in any kind of store.
Lt. Commander
# 167
01-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We're a US based company. So, please understand that this isn't meant as an afterthought. What happened is this sale was approved, and as soon as it was we posted the messaging to let you all know it was coming. Now that we've had a little more time to make sure everything looks correct, we have the amounts for the other currencies we accept:

CAD: 247.19
GBP: 153.99
EUR: 174.99
DKK: 1300

Please note that these prices do not include any taxes (such as the VAT) that we are required by law to charge in addition to the price we've set.

I'll update the OP to reflect those prices.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Thats all very good but what is it in the Zimbabwean Dollar!!!!!????
RAWR I QUIT!
:p

PS Oh and by the way I demand a way to get this in game via emblems or etc
:p
Lt. Commander
# 168
01-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
So nice to see that your American company still hasn't realized our Canuck Buck is worth more than your Yankee Dollar.
Being rude and arrogant (as your post was) is never necessary. No one is forcing you to play this game, pay for anything, etc. so it is your choice.
Lt. Commander
# 169
01-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewkesman View Post
gonna do it if its back at 299.99 when taxes return, now why would anybody buy a lifetime to a game that is F2P? does the lifetime for champions mean new content will still come out for it? do you get better stuff that in 1-2 months the F2P players can cp purchase outa the CS?

I gotta tell you the pre orders that are now in the CS for STO kinda sucks, why did anybody pony extra dough just to have it CS purchasable 1-6 months later? That is the only thing that makes my head spin on this game.

I play SWG and no rewards are later purchasable from sony in any kind of store.
Please allow me to direct you here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...32#post3277832
Lt. Commander
# 170
01-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhianna_Redmoon
And I plan on using my C-store allowance to purchase STO items, heh
As it has said a few times, the c-store allowance you get in CO doesn't follow to STO :p
Closed Thread