Lt. Commander
# 171
01-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewkesman View Post
gonna do it if its back at 299.99 when taxes return, now why would anybody buy a lifetime to a game that is F2P?
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...32#post3277832
Lt. Commander
# 172
01-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
CAD: 247.19
GBP: 153.99
EUR: 174.99
DKK: 1300
StormShade, could you please review the exchange rate situation between Canada and the United States? At the very least, it should be at par if you want to just make life easier. There isn't any reason at all that Canadians should be paying more at this point in time.

Thanks in advance from a Canadian!
Lt. Commander
# 173
01-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
We're a US based company. So, please understand that this isn't meant as an afterthought. What happened is this sale was approved, and as soon as it was we posted the messaging to let you all know it was coming. Now that we've had a little more time to make sure everything looks correct, we have the amounts for the other currencies we accept:

Please note that these prices do not include any taxes (such as the VAT) that we are required by law to charge in addition to the price we've set.

I'll update the OP to reflect those prices.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Its very amusing that it has come to this. Seriously, just list the price in USD and a link to a currency convertion site.
Lt. Commander
# 174
01-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
As it has said a few times, the c-store allowance you get in CO doesn't follow to STO :p
Then I guess since I've bought almost all c-store items in Champions already then I'll have alot of unspent points in the future

I suppose I can find a use for more costume slots, though I already have 20+ available
Lt. Commander
# 175
01-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell-KV4S
Dang, and i just purchased Lifetime last month after paying a subscription since march. Having some buyers remorse

Oh Well, STO FTW! great job guys hopefully we'll get some more players!
Same here now

I had a subscription pay until January, so if I had just renew for one more month I could had save like $45.00

Wouldn't it be such a wonderful surprise (or a delay Christmas gift) if they were to give at least some Cryptic points to the Lifetime members who bought the membership just a few months early

(Just 2000 Cryptic points would make me feel 110% happier)

Aside from that, fantastic idea and hope to see many new players soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolwyn21
StormShade, could you please review the exchange rate situation between Canada and the United States? At the very least, it should be at par if you want to just make life easier. There isn't any reason at all that Canadians should be paying more at this point in time.

Thanks in advance from a Canadian!
They did just review the exchange tolwyn21. (Plus the Canadian dollar is already on the way down).

What I was told is that they do this reviews every 3 month or so, therefore the next one is due in march.

PS: in December it used to be worse, they were giving us just 88 cents on the dollar when the exchange was at 98 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 176
01-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimevalAtom View Post

They did just review the exchange tolwyn21. (Plus the Canadian dollar is already on the way down).

What I was told is that they do this reviews every 3 month or so, therefore the next one is due in march.

PS: in December it use to be worse, they were giving us just 88 cents on the dollar when the exchange was at 98 cents.
If they'd do another review for this sale, I'm sure it will generate some goodwill for some very little effort -- if indeed they only review once every three months. The CDN dollar is expected to stay at par or just above for a good chunk of this year. For the most part, it's been above par for the last few weeks now.

I know some people might think I'm just quibbling about a few cents, but when you're watching your budget and cash -- every bit helps.
Lt. Commander
# 177
01-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Its very amusing that it has come to this. Seriously, just list the price in USD and a link to a currency convertion site.
Heh, it's the whole 'PST/UTC/what time is that for me' situation, except, this time, with monies!

(j/k, but it did kind of remind me of that, lol)
Lt. Commander
# 178
01-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Quote:
We're a US based company. So, please understand that this isn't meant as an afterthought. What happened is this sale was approved, and as soon as it was we posted the messaging to let you all know it was coming. Now that we've had a little more time to make sure everything looks correct, we have the amounts for the other currencies we accept:

Please note that these prices do not include any taxes (such as the VAT) that we are required by law to charge in addition to the price we've set.

I'll update the OP to reflect those prices.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Thanks

If this wasn't so cheap I'd take the time to say that while I understand your a US company and eager to get the information out there, wouldn't it be prudent to wait until everything "looked correct" before going live with the information.

But it is cheap, and your response was timely, so thank you.

Depending on the impact of VAT (with it it'll cost 186, damn country) I will probably become a lifer.
Lt. Commander
# 179
01-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondaddyd View Post
If this wasn't so cheap I'd take the time to say that while I understand your a US company and eager to get the information out there, wouldn't it be prudent to wait until everything "looked correct" before going live with the information.
In this case, we wanted to make sure anyone considering a LTS knew about the sale as soon as possible. So, we announced it before we had all of the details worked out, with the intent of getting those additional numbers out as quickly as possible.

Why?

Well, we wanted to make sure anyone considering a $300 (USD) purchase knew that we'd be offering it for a fairly substantial discount as soon as possible. Despite the occasional bout of popular opinion to the contrary, we really do like you guys, and think of you fondly quite often.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 180
01-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Ooooo you're good. I like you!!!

Closed Thread