Lt. Commander
Hey Cryptic,

I just wanted to throw this out here.

Now, when I first started STO during Beta, and then initial launch I bought a Ferengi playable character using the C-Store points I got from that survey way back - thanks for that by the way. So my following comments aren't based on any sort of bitterness, merely a request.

When buying I made a Ferengi, because, well, I could - but to be honest I didn't enjoy them much, no huge reason, just decided I'd rather play a different species.

I went back to roll a new character today and again decided on a Ferengi, but what's hit me is that there's very little here to customise, no nose, eyes, lobes, anything 'ferengi centric' other than the headscarf item.

Any chance we could get some options to make our Ferengi look a bit less clone like, a few extra ear sets, an ear size slider, nose options, teeth options, anything really - I just find the current set a bit lacklust, it was only 80CP so it's hardly a fortune, but if any of you have a few spare minutes to work at it - I'd love you for it!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Agreed 100% The fact that we paid extra to play as our desired species only to find that there is minimal customisation is a bit of a kick in the teeth, Cryptic have always prided them selves on their character customisation so why skim on species they expect people to pay extra for? The Ferengi are not the only ones who suffer, I hear the Catians are having a hard time with customisation too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2011, 10:26 AM
I think it's fair to say that while i know the Caitian toons do desire some extra elements it's also fair to sash that they don't do bad. They have several ear options, eye options, tail optionsand whisker options, compared to Ferengi it's not that bad at all.

I don't own the Klingon pack but it'd be interesting if they are similarly limited when compared to the Ferengi being an early release around the same time.

Either way let's see if we can get a list of requests going for Ferengi options that we'd like - we'll be realistic and not come up with things that are disproportionate to other species options, and let's find things that might be done in devs loose end time as that will make it more likely to get done.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Head bumps, Teeth, Ears, Brows, and Ferengi gas masks perhaps?