Lt. Commander
# 21
01-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderchase View Post
Um the gorn were never allies of the federation, if I remember correctly they flat out hate the federation for owning some worlds they gave up a long time ago and now want back, we might at best have had a treaty with them at some point, but I can not recal a single instance where the gorn were ever mentioned to be allies with the federation. This might be true on one of the games or maybe in the books but those are not considered cannon at all, heck it seems hard enough to keep their facts right in the shows half the time lol.

And if, and i mean if, they were ever allied with the federation it would have been late in the dominion war, but I see that as unlikeley as well since all of the minor evil races i.e. the breen were jumping on the dominion band wagon at the time.And any alliance of convienience would have long desolved by this point in the trek time line.
Yeah, Like I said, I have no hard cannon sources for this. The only place I have personally seen the Gorn as Federation allies is in SF Command II. Great game btw. (buggy but fun.) It had a story to explain why the Gorn allied with the Federation but it's been a long time since I've played it, don't recall what it was. I'm not a canon fanatic and don't feel that the Devs should be either. STO is a game, not a new series or movie. Hell, the new Klingon raid missions in Pi Canis look and play alot like the convoy raids in SFC 2. Great fun. I've not played them a lot yet but it's nice to have more to do for my Klinks.

A better idea, as it's actual content rather than c-store content, that I've seen is Betrayal missions like in EQ2. A big, long, difficult story driven mission/missions is/are a better idea than the c-tore any day. (From my perspective.)

I just like the idea of more options.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyllus View Post
Yeah, Like I said, I have no hard cannon sources for this. The only place I have personally seen the Gorn as Federation allies is in SF Command II. Great game btw. (buggy but fun.) It had a story to explain why the Gorn allied with the Federation but it's been a long time since I've played it, don't recall what it was. I'm not a canon fanatic and don't feel that the Devs should be either. STO is a game, not a new series or movie. Hell, the new Klingon raid missions in Pi Canis look and play alot like the convoy raids in SFC 2. Great fun. I've not played them a lot yet but it's nice to have more to do for my Klinks.

A better idea, as it's actual content rather than c-store content, that I've seen is Betrayal missions like in EQ2. A big, long, difficult story driven mission/missions is/are a better idea than the c-tore any day. (From my perspective.)

I just like the idea of more options.
trust me I wasnt trying to brow beat you with my 'cannon' stick, I was simply informing you in a rather arrogant manner... man I have been bad about that lately... I got to work on that.

What I was trying to explain was the actual cannon to the best of my abilities since, you admited you didnt know, and I guess I inaccuratly assumed you might have wanted to know.

I also pointed out that hard cannon in star trek is a loose term at best.... I can think of five retcons and cannon errors without even going to the internet to find them, star trek is littered with them.

As for more options I am in that bandwagon, infact I hereby proclaim my self as the official "will always want more custimzation and options guy".
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Yes yes, I know we can make them with the create-a-aliens, but its really not the same as seeing Starfleet Orion Engineer Officer or whatever.
I will say this: Based on your avatar I want to create a bridge crew consisting of a Andorian in a blue Science officer's uniform, an Orion in the green alternate command color from TOS, and a Catian with yellow fur in Engineering orange.

My only question is who would go in Tactical red.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayyde
I will say this: Based on your avatar I want to create a bridge crew consisting of a Andorian in a blue Science officer's uniform, an Orion in the green alternate command color from TOS, and a Catian with yellow fur in Engineering orange.

My only question is who would go in Tactical red.
how about a red haired human