Lt. Commander
Hi all. been playing a little less than a week & have been figuring out a lot as i go & asking others. i still have 3 questions about things in the game that bother me & maybe there's a way to fix.

1. I constantly have "[Someone] has joined Sol system perimeter defense squad" type messages flash across the top of my screen. It seems no matter where I am, I get these messages. I don't care who joins or leaves that mission. I've never had it. Is there a way to keep that in just the chat box instead of on top of my screen?

2. It takes Forever to get anywhere. I have a button that allows me to transwarp back to Earth station from anywhere (at least from anywhere I've been so far). Are there others that let you warp to other space stations or points? that would be a quicker way to get around. Right now its putt-putt through this sect to get to an adjacent one to then go to another one. Is there a better (faster) way to get from A to B in this game? I'd like to just "plot a course" & be there instead of wasting time watching my ship crawl through these sectors.

3. Is there a way to cancel "Condition Red" in space battles? Not to full impulse away from scary bad guys but after you defeat someone you have to wait at turtle speed for 30 secs or so for it to clear until you can move on. Sometimes I wouldn't care since i'm recharging a bit anyway, but most times I want to hurry up & get back to the goal & not sit there waiting (well moving slowly) until condition red clears.

4. When traveling through sector space, is there a way to clear the pop-ups for "trade with guy?", "fight with these guys?", or "enter this system?" If I just want to bypass - but got close enough to bring that interaction menu up - it seems to hang around for a long time. Is there a way to close it or say "NO"?

Minor annoyances. Overall i really like the game & would like it even more if there were workarounds for these things.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
1. I constantly have "[Someone] has joined Sol system perimeter defense squad" type messages flash across the top of my screen. It seems no matter where I am, I get these messages. I don't care who joins or leaves that mission. I've never had it. Is there a way to keep that in just the chat box instead of on top of my screen?
That is a fleet you must've joined without realizing when someone sent you an invite, not a mission. You can leave the fleet and not receive those messages, or there might be a way to disable them.
Quote:
2. It takes Forever to get anywhere. I have a button that allows me to transwarp back to Earth station from anywhere (at least from anywhere I've been so far). Are there others that let you warp to other space stations or points? that would be a quicker way to get around. Right now its putt-putt through this sect to get to an adjacent one to then go to another one. Is there a better (faster) way to get from A to B in this game? I'd like to just "plot a course" & be there instead of wasting time watching my ship crawl through these sectors.
Space is big and vast, not supposed to be transversed quickly. You can earn more transwarps by leveling your diplomatic rank or buying an Excelsior class ship at Commander (for EC) or Rear Admiral (via C-Store).
Quote:
3. Is there a way to cancel "Condition Red" in space battles? Not to full impulse away from scary bad guys but after you defeat someone you have to wait at turtle speed for 30 secs or so for it to clear until you can move on. Sometimes I wouldn't care since i'm recharging a bit anyway, but most times I want to hurry up & get back to the goal & not sit there waiting (well moving slowly) until condition red clears.
No.
Quote:
4. When traveling through sector space, is there a way to clear the pop-ups for "trade with guy?", "fight with these guys?", or "enter this system?" If I just want to bypass - but got close enough to bring that interaction menu up - it seems to hang around for a long time. Is there a way to close it or say "NO"?
No, they go away when you travel far enough away from whatever is creating the pop-up.