Lt. Commander
# 91
01-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleto_Deadman
C-Store: XP Boosts (20% Skillpoint gain purchaseable in 1 and 8 hr increments. These do not stack.)

This is a period of time that your skills are increased?
When I first read this, I thought it was a token to increase skills by 20%, but I am not sure what the time limit statement is.
Anybody know?
I think it only means that you can buy different versions of it, and they last for different amounts of times. So, if you buy the 1 hour increment one, it will give you a 20% bonus to your skill points earned for one hour. The 8 hour one will give you the bonus for eight hours. It sounds similar to the XP potions that D&D Online has (at least, to me it does).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetzaal
I wasn't aware they had patched tribble with the toron shuttle...
Yeah, I didn't know it was on Tribble until Mirror-Master told me about it, heh. I was hoping the Fed one was available on ESD, but I haven't found it yet.
Lt. Commander
# 92
01-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeRunner521
You could have made that post much smaller by just saying Zero. You have worked on zero MMo's or any soft of software development.

Amazing how many people whine and maon about the game yet the developers are constantly at work trying to bring in new features and update old ones.

I've only played a few MMO's - but this one is by far the best. But to each their own, I don't like most aspects of ******** - so I stay away from it - instead of getting on their forums and talking trash to their developers.
thats incorrect, i have worked with 2 mmos **** and eve online in conjuction with the companies who ran those divisions before they launched. also i have been in conjuction with many mod based games dealing with start trek functionality. Better luck next time. just learn to understand the topic. stop trying to belittle people.

This is not moaning or whining. Look up the definition before using such words. This is pointing out logical steps as well as reviewing functions that arent in the game. perhaps before ranting about my logical post you can come up with your own counter argument as to my question. you say this game is by far the best yet you dont state any facts you dont point our where it is the best. ive been in the mmo community far longer then you have going on 6 years gaming with star trek games back before armada 1 and klingon academy. This is not the best. it is not the worst but MMO's are scaled and graded upon what they say they can offer and what the deliver. this game has not delivered much of what they offered from closed beta. try sticking to the topic and not try and attack people.
Lt. Commander
# 93
01-24-2011, 02:14 PM
400 day veteran reward on Feb 17th? That must mean that they started counting days on January 13th and not February 2nd.
Lt. Commander
# 94
01-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrelbyrd View Post
400 day veteran reward on Feb 17th? That must mean that they started counting days on January 13th and not February 2nd.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...69#post3301969
Lt. Commander
# 95
01-25-2011, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
are you kidding me. well okay this was asked inside closed and open beta. but cryptic was not ready. the bosses at cryptic and STO lied to the closed and open beta people. secondly there are plenty of mmos that listen to their subscribers even have a group of people who represent the player base. The developers have a major problem. no real PR persons or clear function from their web site to the forums to videos.

EVE ONLINE: actually has all layers of space exploration as well as the starting of ground exploration and the development of ground combat. This MMO makes STO look like a gimmic false game with no real function invovled in STO to be immersed in its universe. Eve exploration is great, huge, gigantic and bigger then us. STo makes exploration as nothing but a few minutes. its dumbed down to nothing to do. STar trek would frown on that. Eve has all avenues of a space genre MMO as well as correct character function.

Star Wars, The old republic. This will after launch surpass STO in many feats. thus far their websites makes sto look like a joke. Their attributes in the game are similar but they understand content alone and button mashing will not allow your game or membership grow. Your choices in Star wars will affct you as well as the game play you and your crew take.

****: while not the best of MMO's. its character creator make up is wonderful. Your attributes you can dive into makes sense. while their extra clothes are optional and not extra funds out of your pocket. hint hint they have function to them. wings as well as not only are they stylish but each type of wing give you bonuses. as well as all the items you craft. many items can be crated for guess what pvp as well as pve areas. pvp areas are player controled with NPC help in gaurding the areas. their is also a NPC forge area. This game is geared towards guilds.

so tell me why do you think STO is the best MMO. Besides the promises that have been made to us and the revamp of what players told the STO team to make sector space look like a year ago, whats in this game is for fleets. what functions do the clothes give. Where is the tweaking of gear to add percentages to "canon based" Why are weapons not gear towards canon base attributes. Why is it that scaning for anything brings forth a flash light animation both in space and on the ground. why cant i experiment in STO. Why cant i explore and actually discover.

dont take it personal but please do not think STO is the best of the best.
Are you kidding me??? EVE Online is the worst game I have played (ok, not the worst, WoW takes that place). I tried EVE, I played for about three hours. There was nowhere I could get missions. And all was empty.With absolutly nothing to do. Star Trek online is a much better game. I don't say it's perfect. It needs some tuning, more features and more content. But atleast this game has content.
Lt. Commander
# 96
01-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompel9 View Post
Are you kidding me??? EVE Online is the worst game I have played (ok, not the worst, WoW takes that place). I tried EVE, I played for about three hours. There was nowhere I could get missions. And all was empty.With absolutly nothing to do. Star Trek online is a much better game. I don't say it's perfect. It needs some tuning, more features and more content. But atleast this game has content.
That has nothing to do with eve more with the rather hard learning curve UI of eve, though they got better in many regards and already announced changes for the UI.
Lt. Commander
# 97
01-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsutsu
That has nothing to do with eve more with the rather hard learning curve UI of eve, though they got better in many regards and already announced changes for the UI.
What? Is it a hard learning curve to find out where you can get missions??? There is absolutely no one around that you can talk with. There is no explanation or tips to where you can find someone. It's not possible to contact anyone. I tried for 3 hours, that was enough for me. And when someone comes along, claiming that game is "the best game ever" I can't hold still. I have to say my experience with that game.
Lt. Commander
# 98
01-25-2011, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
thats incorrect, i have worked with 2 mmos **** and eve online in conjuction with the companies who ran those divisions before they launched. also i have been in conjuction with many mod based games dealing with start trek functionality. Better luck next time. just learn to understand the topic. stop trying to belittle people.

This is not moaning or whining. Look up the definition before using such words. This is pointing out logical steps as well as reviewing functions that arent in the game. perhaps before ranting about my logical post you can come up with your own counter argument as to my question. you say this game is by far the best yet you dont state any facts you dont point our where it is the best. ive been in the mmo community far longer then you have going on 6 years gaming with star trek games back before armada 1 and klingon academy. This is not the best. it is not the worst but MMO's are scaled and graded upon what they say they can offer and what the deliver. this game has not delivered much of what they offered from closed beta. try sticking to the topic and not try and attack people.
I'm sorry, but it's whinning. And I don't believe you've ever worked on any form of software development. You'd understand things a bit more, and probably have a bit more understanding that you can't please 100% of the customers.
Lt. Commander
# 99
01-25-2011, 11:05 AM
After making a post in another thread about how good the game is going to be quite soon, i'm a little disappointed how Cryptic are worrying about how a starbase looks rather than focussing on new and original content for the game.

Sod what a space station looks like, get more content in the game before people run away from STO (Apart from the RP's as it now seems to be that they are the ones you are focussing on).
Lt. Commander
# 100
01-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompel9 View Post
What? Is it a hard learning curve to find out where you can get missions??? There is absolutely no one around that you can talk with. There is no explanation or tips to where you can find someone. It's not possible to contact anyone. I tried for 3 hours, that was enough for me. And when someone comes along, claiming that game is "the best game ever" I can't hold still. I have to say my experience with that game.
Not to let this go completely off topic, but you appear to have missed some vital things in EVE. Missions are everywhere and are easy to get.